Is this as fast as a Miata?

Old November 29th 10, 06:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default Is this as fast as a Miata?

Which would win in a top speed race?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ear-track.html

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old November 29th 10, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

On 11/29/2010 12:32 AM, XS11E wrote:

> Which would win in a top speed race?
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ear-track.html

The result would depend on the location. Take both vehicles and place them
on, for example, the Nürburgring (or any other 'real' driving situation for
that matter) and the Miata will win easily every time and by huge margins.
Old November 29th 10, 09:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

John McGaw > wrote:

> On 11/29/2010 12:32 AM, XS11E wrote:
>>
>> Which would win in a top speed race?
>>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...36/Bloodhound-
>> land-speed-record-attempt-calls-volunteers-clear-track.html
>>

> The result would depend on the location.

Straight line only! To even things up, we'll make the Miata a white
one, not one of the slower colors*, OK?

*Leon could explain it if he were here!

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old November 29th 10, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

On 11/29/2010 2:36 PM, XS11E wrote:
> John > wrote:
>
>> On 11/29/2010 12:32 AM, XS11E wrote:
>>>
>>> Which would win in a top speed race?
>>>
>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...36/Bloodhound-
>>> land-speed-record-attempt-calls-volunteers-clear-track.html
>>>

>> The result would depend on the location.

> Straight line only! To even things up, we'll make the Miata a white
> one, not one of the slower colors*, OK?
>
> *Leon could explain it if he were here!

I was wondering why they did not paint the rocket car white......

How would you like to do 1050 mph in a land vehicle? Faster than a round
from a .357 magnum, that is impressive!

Pat

Old November 30th 10, 07:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote:

> How would you like to do 1050 mph in a land vehicle?

No, I wouldn't..... at 1050 mph you probably couldn't hear the radio
and what's a drive w/o tunes?

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old November 30th 10, 03:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Stuart H.[_3_]

On 2010-11-29 11:27 PM, XS11E wrote:
> > wrote:
>
>> How would you like to do 1050 mph in a land vehicle?

> No, I wouldn't..... at 1050 mph you probably couldn't hear the radio
> and what's a drive w/o tunes?

Ah, but think of the exhaust note!
Old November 30th 10, 04:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"Stuart H." > wrote:

> >> How would you like to do 1050 mph in a land vehicle?

> > No, I wouldn't..... at 1050 mph you probably couldn't hear the radio
> > and what's a drive w/o tunes?
> >

> Ah, but think of the exhaust note!

"Think" is all you'd manage, since over Mach 1 you'd not be able to hear
it.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old November 30th 10, 05:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Lanny Chambers > wrote:

>> > No, I wouldn't..... at 1050 mph you probably couldn't hear the
>> > radio and what's a drive w/o tunes?
>> >

>> Ah, but think of the exhaust note!

> "Think" is all you'd manage, since over Mach 1 you'd not be able
> to hear it.

The exhaust note is what I have playing on the radio! <G>

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old December 3rd 10, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"XS11E" > wrote in message
> Lanny Chambers > wrote:

>>> Ah, but think of the exhaust note!

>> "Think" is all you'd manage, since over Mach 1 you'd not be able
>> to hear it.

> The exhaust note is what I have playing on the radio! <G>
>
> --

Question is, can you hear the radio or are you outrunning those sound waves
too? Or, are the sound waves being generated at 1050 mph at their inception
and being propelled faster than that, in the forward direction, causing them
(theoretically) to be heard? Chew on that one! Inquiring minds want to know.

Chris
99BBB@sub1050mph

Old December 3rd 10, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Question is, can you hear the radio or are you outrunning those
> sound waves too? Or, are the sound waves being generated at 1050
> mph at their inception and being propelled faster than that, in
> the forward direction, causing them (theoretically) to be heard?
> Chew on that one! Inquiring minds want to know.

Earphones!

The Usenet Improvement Project: