Sloth as a revenge tool/enablers

Old April 26th 05, 05:38 AM
Brent P

Default Sloth as a revenge tool/enablers

I saw the worst enabling today. First backed up right turn lane. Idiot in
a BMW comes down the left turn lane (T intersection) and the dumb woman
in the SUV stops, lets him in, and then nearly costs me getting through
that light cycle with her sloth. I caught up with mr. BMW just as my
path took me away from his.

Later I am at stop light waiting to turn left. This arsehole in a chevy
SUV of some sort gets right up on my bumper. Seriously, there couldn't
have been more than an inch between our bumpers. Sloth driver in front of
me isn't moving. when the arrow turns green and this guy starts getting
agitated at me. (don't they buy those things to see over cars like mine?)

Anyway, sloth driver makes the turn and I get around the sloth and punch
it up to the speed limit. Passing all sloth. Next light I am turning
right. One person at the intersection waiting. Of course he's going
straight, in the right lane, and not pulled up and to the left to allow
right on reds. SUV arsehole pulls along side him in the left lane.
Waiting and waiting for the green. SUV arse hole turns right in front of
the guy in front of me. Finally it turns green. I end up behind SUV
arsehole in the left turn of the next intersection. when he gets a gap he
starts cutting people off left and right weaving through traffic. I pick
the right lane and stay there. I end up ahead of him. He comes up behind
me, but seems to realize not to tailgate me. Then came my right turn.
nobody behind him, so I did it really slow..... Slower than I take it on
my bicycle

I can't wait to start bike commuting. I am really begining to hate
driving even the short distance I travel.

Old April 26th 05, 06:13 AM
223rem

Brent P wrote:

> I can't wait to start bike commuting. I am really begining to hate
> driving even the short distance I travel.

Hard core cyclists cycle even in winter.
Old April 26th 05, 07:04 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Brent P wrote:
> I saw the worst enabling today. First backed up right turn lane.

Idiot in
> a BMW comes down the left turn lane (T intersection) and the dumb

woman
> in the SUV stops, lets him in, and then nearly costs me getting

through
> that light cycle with her sloth. I caught up with mr. BMW just as my

> path took me away from his.
>
> Later I am at stop light waiting to turn left. This arsehole in a

chevy
> SUV of some sort gets right up on my bumper. Seriously, there

couldn't
> have been more than an inch between our bumpers. Sloth driver in

front of
> me isn't moving. when the arrow turns green and this guy starts

getting
> agitated at me. (don't they buy those things to see over cars like

mine?)

> Anyway, sloth driver makes the turn and I get around the sloth and

punch
> it up to the speed limit. Passing all sloth. Next light I am turning
> right. One person at the intersection waiting. Of course he's going
> straight, in the right lane, and not pulled up and to the left to

allow
> right on reds. SUV arsehole pulls along side him in the left lane.
> Waiting and waiting for the green. SUV arse hole turns right in front

of
> the guy in front of me. Finally it turns green. I end up behind SUV
> arsehole in the left turn of the next intersection. when he gets a

gap he
> starts cutting people off left and right weaving through traffic. I

pick
> the right lane and stay there. I end up ahead of him. He comes up

behind
> me, but seems to realize not to tailgate me. Then came my right turn.

> nobody behind him, so I did it really slow..... Slower than I take it

on
> my bicycle

Is there anyone you DON'T hate?

Old April 26th 05, 10:16 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"223rem" > wrote in message
. ..
> Brent P wrote:
>
>> I can't wait to start bike commuting. I am really begining to hate
>> driving even the short distance I travel.

> Hard core cyclists cycle even in winter.

In 1977, the Portland Trailblazers won their first and only NBA championship
title. The coach was Jack Ramsey, a lanky man in his 50s. He rode his
bicycle 30 miles each way to Blazer practice regardless of the weather.
Setting an example like that, the players couldn't help but respond in kind.
The Blazers go on to make the playoffs and occasionally the finals every
year afterwards for almost a quarter century. The Portland Trailblazers
become a dynasty.

Fast forward to 2001. The coach of the Blazers is Maurice Cheeks. His
condo is about 250 yards from the Rose Garden, the arena built for the
Blazers. He drives his brand new Mercedes to each home game. Setting an
example like that, the team can't help but respond. The Blazers barely make
the playoffs that year, getting picked off in the first round. They never
make the playoffs again. Team members are arrested right and left for
various offenses, and the team gets a nickname: the Jailblazers.

Keep riding, Brent. If nothing else, you can still laugh at the cagers
during traffic jams.

Old April 26th 05, 11:07 AM
C.H.

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:04:50 -0700, Laura Bush murdered her boy friend
wrote:

> Is there anyone you DON'T hate?

Judy Diarrhea complains about haters - hilarious

Chris
Old April 26th 05, 03:33 PM
Brent P

In article >, 223rem wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
>

>> I can't wait to start bike commuting. I am really begining to hate
>> driving even the short distance I travel.

> Hard core cyclists cycle even in winter.

I have, but I still dislike that more than driving.

Old April 26th 05, 03:34 PM
Brent P

In article k.net>, Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:

> Keep riding, Brent. If nothing else, you can still laugh at the cagers
> during traffic jams.

Some of the jams I'm stuck in. Some of them I can bypass. It depends.

Old April 26th 05, 10:03 PM

Like Garth's signature says from time to time:

"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it." -
Edith Sitwell

That's why you think so many people `hate'. If you weren't so stupid
you'd realize the reason why.

Later loser.

Old April 26th 05, 10:53 PM
Paul

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:38:38 -0500, Brent P , said the following in
rec.autos.driving...

<snip>

> Later I am at stop light waiting to turn left. This arsehole in a chevy
> SUV of some sort gets right up on my bumper. Seriously, there couldn't
> have been more than an inch between our bumpers. Sloth driver in front of
> me isn't moving. when the arrow turns green and this guy starts getting
> agitated at me. (don't they buy those things to see over cars like mine?)

They have their heads so high up in the clouds with those things that I
doubt they see much of anything; as evidenced by the situations you
described.
Old April 30th 05, 03:48 PM
Cory Dunkle

"Brent P" > wrote in message

> I saw the worst enabling today. First backed up right turn lane. Idiot in
> a BMW comes down the left turn lane (T intersection) and the dumb woman
> in the SUV stops, lets him in, and then nearly costs me getting through
> that light cycle with her sloth. I caught up with mr. BMW just as my
> path took me away from his.
>
> Later I am at stop light waiting to turn left. This arsehole in a chevy
> SUV of some sort gets right up on my bumper. Seriously, there couldn't
> have been more than an inch between our bumpers. Sloth driver in front of
> me isn't moving. when the arrow turns green and this guy starts getting
> agitated at me. (don't they buy those things to see over cars like mine?)
>
> Anyway, sloth driver makes the turn and I get around the sloth and punch
> it up to the speed limit. Passing all sloth. Next light I am turning
> right. One person at the intersection waiting. Of course he's going
> straight, in the right lane, and not pulled up and to the left to allow
> right on reds. SUV arsehole pulls along side him in the left lane.
> Waiting and waiting for the green. SUV arse hole turns right in front of
> the guy in front of me. Finally it turns green. I end up behind SUV
> arsehole in the left turn of the next intersection. when he gets a gap he
> starts cutting people off left and right weaving through traffic. I pick
> the right lane and stay there. I end up ahead of him. He comes up behind
> me, but seems to realize not to tailgate me. Then came my right turn.
> nobody behind him, so I did it really slow..... Slower than I take it on
> my bicycle
>
> I can't wait to start bike commuting. I am really begining to hate
> driving even the short distance I travel.

Well, just yesterday I used sloth as revenge. Whenever people have their
high beams on hehind me or their headlights are way out of alignment so as
to blind me I slow way down. Half out of revenge and half hoping they will
just pass me. Last night I was doing about 35 MPH on a posted 55 MPH highway
with a typical speed of about 70 MPH. The guy wouldn't pass me so I kept on
slowing down. Finally he got off at the next exit. I would have prefered
that he pass me to get to his exit, but oh well.

Cory