Old Photo - Unknown Car 2

Old March 2nd 08, 12:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Andrew B

Default Old Photo - Unknown Car 2

My grandmother stood by one of my fathers cars, possibly a Wolsey.
--
Andrew

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0006.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	426.4 KB
ID:	123615
Old March 2nd 08, 02:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
MagisterMax

Yes, Andrew, it's definitely a Wolseley. Aside from having their
characteristic radiator grille shape and dipped front bumper Wolseleys also
had a grille badge that lit up at night. You can see it in your picture.
Now, what model was it? It looks like it's the Series III 12/48 that was
built from 1937 through 1939.

Max

om...

Old March 2nd 08, 10:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Malcolm[_3_]

Wolseleys of the 1930s are very hard to tell apart but I suspect this one is
more likely to be a 14/60 than a 12/48 as the headlights are slightly lower.

Malcolm

Old March 2nd 08, 12:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Andrew B

Thank you Max and Malcolm, I'm not sure when this car came to my father but
mum remembers that it didn't do too many miles per gallon.
--
Andrew

Old March 2nd 08, 07:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
MagisterMax

Yes, that was another possibility, Malcolm. I'm definitely not an expert in
Wolseleys so I wouldn't argue about a better identification, that's for
sure.

max

Old Photo - Unknown Car Andrew B Auto Photos 2 March 2nd 08 12:35 PM
New Cars In Old Pictures: General: 192x photo - Unknown.jpg.jpg (1/1) Square Wheels[_7_] Auto Photos 2 December 31st 07 01:10 AM
New Cars In Old Pictures: General: 1914 photo - Unknown.jpg (1/1) Square Wheels[_7_] Auto Photos 2 December 29th 07 01:50 PM
New Cars In Old Pictures: General: 1915 photo - Unknown 1.jpg (1/1) Square Wheels[_7_] Auto Photos 1 December 29th 07 01:42 PM
New Cars In Old Pictures: General: 1913 photo - Unknown.jpg (1/1) Square Wheels[_7_] Auto Photos 0 December 29th 07 08:18 AM