a different antenna issue

Old September 20th 10, 05:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

Default a different antenna issue

On 9/8/2010 6:38 AM, peter wrote:
> On Aug 28, 3:36 pm, > wrote:
>> hi,
>>

> i got ****y and used jb weld. the mast is a bit wobbly but......

if you wanted to fix it for good, planet-miata.com has 25% off in stock
used parts this month... so instead of their usual $75 for the power
antenna 'body' (the part that sits under and protudes through the
fender) it is now just 56.25. not likely going to find it anyplace else
for less, at least not from a reputable used parts dealer.
Old September 21st 10, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

On 9/20/2010 11:33 AM, Christopher Muto wrote:
> On 9/8/2010 6:38 AM, peter wrote:
>> On Aug 28, 3:36 pm, > wrote:
>>> hi,
>>>

>> i got ****y and used jb weld. the mast is a bit wobbly but......

> if you wanted to fix it for good, planet-miata.com has 25% off in stock
> used parts this month... so instead of their usual $75 for the power
> antenna 'body' (the part that sits under and protudes through the
> fender) it is now just 56.25. not likely going to find it anyplace else
> for less, at least not from a reputable used parts dealer.

Chris,

I finally found that antenna..............Ha!

Pat
Old September 21st 10, 04:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

On 9/20/2010 8:01 PM, pws wrote:
> On 9/20/2010 11:33 AM, Christopher Muto wrote:
>>>>

>>> i got ****y and used jb weld. the mast is a bit wobbly but......

>> if you wanted to fix it for good, planet-miata.com has 25% off in stock
>> used parts this month... so instead of their usual $75 for the power
>> antenna 'body' (the part that sits under and protudes through the
>> fender) it is now just 56.25. not likely going to find it anyplace else
>> for less, at least not from a reputable used parts dealer.

> Chris,
>
> I finally found that antenna..............Ha!
>
> Pat

oh no! i should have waited, but i ordered one from the planet-miata
guys friday and it is en route. thanks again for all you effort. and
my apologies for not being more patient.
Old September 21st 10, 06:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

On 9/20/2010 10:42 PM, Christopher Muto wrote:
> On 9/20/2010 8:01 PM, pws wrote:

>>> if you wanted to fix it for good, planet-miata.com has 25% off in stock
>>> used parts this month... so instead of their usual $75 for the power
>>> antenna 'body' (the part that sits under and protudes through the
>>> fender) it is now just 56.25. not likely going to find it anyplace else
>>> for less, at least not from a reputable used parts dealer.

>> Chris,
>>
>> I finally found that antenna..............Ha!
>>
>> Pat

> oh no! i should have waited, but i ordered one from the planet-miata
> guys friday and it is en route. thanks again for all you effort. and my
> apologies for not being more patient.

Nah, you waited long enough. The part was smaller than I was thinking it
was.

Now, if anyone else needs a fixed antenna assembly................

Pat
Old September 22nd 10, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

On 9/21/2010 1:02 PM, pws wrote:
> On 9/20/2010 10:42 PM, Christopher Muto wrote:

>>> Chris,
>>>
>>> I finally found that antenna..............Ha!
>>>
>>> Pat

>> oh no! i should have waited, but i ordered one from the planet-miata
>> guys friday and it is en route. thanks again for all you effort. and my
>> apologies for not being more patient.

> Nah, you waited long enough. The part was smaller than I was thinking it
> was.
>
> Now, if anyone else needs a fixed antenna assembly................
>
> Pat

i received it today... and the shipping was more than the part. seems
like when planet-miata give 25% off the cost of parts they also have an
unadverised special of 50% increase in shipping and the part looks a
little funny... hope it fits.
Old September 24th 10, 05:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

On 9/21/2010 6:59 PM, Christopher Muto wrote:
> On 9/21/2010 1:02 PM, pws wrote:

>>> oh no! i should have waited, but i ordered one from the planet-miata
>>> guys friday and it is en route. thanks again for all you effort. and my
>>> apologies for not being more patient.

>> Nah, you waited long enough. The part was smaller than I was thinking it
>> was.
>>
>> Now, if anyone else needs a fixed antenna assembly................
>>
>> Pat

> i received it today... and the shipping was more than the part. seems
> like when planet-miata give 25% off the cost of parts they also have an
> unadverised special of 50% increase in shipping and the part looks a
> little funny... hope it fits.

I wish I had found it sooner. Three miatas worth of parts in two
different locations and no inventory system. It can get tough to find
things, or even to remember if I have them.
The organization is part of what you are paying planet-miata for, but it
figures that I would come across the antenna base within a week of your
order.

Let me know how the antenna you received works for you. The one I have
is either from a 1991 or a 1996 model. Either way, it should work with
your '96 model. I will hold it until you let me know, and I am still at
the new email address.

Pat
Old October 7th 10, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

On 9/24/2010 12:56 PM, pws wrote:
> On 9/21/2010 6:59 PM, Christopher Muto wrote:

>>> Nah, you waited long enough. The part was smaller than I was thinking it
>>> was.
>>>
>>> Now, if anyone else needs a fixed antenna assembly................
>>>
>>> Pat

>> i received it today... and the shipping was more than the part. seems
>> like when planet-miata give 25% off the cost of parts they also have an
>> unadverised special of 50% increase in shipping and the part looks a
>> little funny... hope it fits.

> I wish I had found it sooner. Three miatas worth of parts in two
> different locations and no inventory system. It can get tough to find
> things, or even to remember if I have them.
> The organization is part of what you are paying planet-miata for, but it
> figures that I would come across the antenna base within a week of your
> order.
>
> Let me know how the antenna you received works for you. The one I have
> is either from a 1991 or a 1996 model. Either way, it should work with
> your '96 model. I will hold it until you let me know, and I am still at
> the new email address.
>
> Pat

Pat,
Thanks for the offer. The one I got is in and it is working so I am
back in business. I appreciate all your help.
Regards,

Which Antenna to use? [email protected] BMW 4 March 27th 07 02:53 PM
02 Golf Antenna issue Zeke VW water cooled 0 January 30th 07 09:01 PM
Radio antenna issue-95 civic BILLKPGH Honda 2 April 26th 06 08:01 AM
CB Antenna??? FrankW Jeep 14 June 20th 05 06:35 AM
antenna on A4 JJ Audi 2 June 27th 04 09:36 PM