Starforce again

Old January 17th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Starforce again

I sure NEVER said Windows is perfect. I cuss out MS daily but its still
what we have so I deal with it. Good or bad. Ill switch to anything I feed
is better. Nothing is at this point.

Blaming MS for spyware/viruses etc etc is a serious stretch of the
imagination though.

The reason for the security issues in Windows lies directly with backward
compatibility. MS (correctly I might add) put more effort into b/w
compatibility at the expense of security in the past. And they did better
than anyone else before or since.

I have an old proggy called 3d home architect originally purchased for
Windows 3.1. Just the other day I dropped the CD into my XP rig and it
worked perfectly. including printing. Just think about that for a second or
two.

Ask any Apple fan how well Apple handles OS backward compatibility

Did MS wait to long to make the transition? Yes, Id say. They are
definitely heading in the right direction now and Longhorn/Vista is even
more secure. Security of any type is only as good a the PC users that use
the PC.

Had any other OS (Nix, Warp, Linux or GEO, BeOS etc etc) grabbed the holy
grail back in the 80's do you really believe they would have been immune to
these attacks? Hardly... The biggest target gets shot at the most...

My problem with MS lies in its pricing structure. When I first bought DOS
3x back in 84' it cost me (IIRC it fuzzy now) $79. The 8088 PC I was
building costed me over 5K. A pretty small percentage of the PC overall
cost.

Today I can buy a rig for $300 but Windows now costs (Home version) a
sawbuck. 25% of the PC overall cost. The scale needs adjusting IMHO. I
mean how much money is enough fo rMS? Drop the fn prices already

What are you going to do when the OS is self repairing and fully secure?
I'd bet you will be wishing for some viruses to fix when they hand you your
pink slip

Mitch

Old January 17th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I don't blame them for the spyware/viruses. I blame them for leaving the
keys in the ignition.

-Larry

om...

GTR and Starforce Engineer Simulators 87 January 17th 06 07:51 PM
Starforce again mike Simulators 0 January 11th 06 04:15 AM
SO, GTL? Starforce cause hard reboots? Sting32 Simulators 30 August 22nd 05 09:59 AM
Boycott Starforce reggie white Simulators 8 August 20th 05 05:50 AM
Starforce Mike Beauchamp Simulators 1 October 17th 04 11:55 PM