Mazdaspeed Miata in 2008

Old August 22nd 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Scott Streeter[_1_]

Default Mazdaspeed Miata in 2008

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mazdaspe...roduction.html

Old August 24th 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

I sure hope that they doug a deep hole to put the "Ugly Stick" they beat
that thing with, then covered the ground well so no one will find it !

I hope it remains a concept only.

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old August 24th 07, 01:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Scott Streeter[_1_]

pws > writes:

> BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
> > I sure hope that they doug a deep hole to put the "Ugly Stick" they beat
> > that thing with, then covered the ground well so no one will find it !
> >
> > I hope it remains a concept only.
> >
> > Bruce Bing '03 LS

> The Mazda designers have a real thing for nasty-looking fenders these
> days. I can't find an angle that looks good, I am afraid that they broke
> the ugly stick on this one.
>
> That windshield covering most of the roof looks pretty cool, I wonder
> what it would cost to replace when a rock cracks it.
>
> The Miata had a nice 15 year run, some would say 7 years.
> I don't expect to see another affordable, fun car that appeals to me
> visually to ever be put into production again.
>
> Pat

Just to point out the pic is the Kabura concept (not the Miata) which
can be seen here.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/detroit-...a-concept.html
I agree it's ugly...

Old August 24th 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
opeltodd

"Were the Kabura design study to achieve production status,
it would likely be a stand-alone product rather than an extension
of any existing model line." (copied from web site)

So there is still hope for the M-5 line. Although the current line
seems to be going to a more angular design that many say isn't
a true M5 style.
They appear to be trying to make it a bit more masculine with
the sharp corners. The roundness of the Miata is what
attracted me in the first place.
Todd
Old August 24th 07, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Scott Streeter wrote:
> Just to point out the pic is the Kabura concept (not the Miata)
> which
> can be seen here.
> http://www.leftlanenews.com/detroit-...a-concept.html
> I agree it's ugly...
>
> --

Blecchh! It's not just ugly, it's fugly.

And I still miss the barndoors.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old August 24th 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> I don't expect to see another affordable, fun car that appeals to me
> visually to ever be put into production again.

Yes, it's been nice having our cake and eating it too. Twice, in
fact--didn't you own a Z-car, too?

I just ignore the Atomic Cockroach styling of my Mazda3 hatch. It's a
terrific car that does everything at least pretty well, and some things
superbly. We just returned from a trip to Arizona that included
Interstates, twisty two-lanes, and gnarly, rocky dirt switchbacks in the
mountains, and the 3 was highly competent in all respects. The car works
so well stock, I can't think of anything I want to modify except
replacing the stupid Goodyear tires. The suspension and power/economy
compromises are ideal for my needs. Shocking, isn't it?
Old August 25th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> You had a 3rd piece of cake with the classic Mustang. (1968?)

Yup, a '68. Dark metallic green hardtop, no options at all. A blank
slate that became my autocross car.

> Not my cup of tea, since they are heavy and now quite old, but I really
> like how some of the 1960's Mustang models look and I am sure that I
> would have loved to have had one back then.

Mine was about 2800 lb., not too bad once I tweaked the six enough to
keep up with 289s. The only thing that broke more than once was the
spider gears in the Falcon diff.

Man, did chicks ever dig that car...
Old August 25th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> Was it the fastback? I assume by hardtop that it was a convertible?

No, it was a notchback.
Old August 25th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

..

> Getting way off topic: My MSM is getting close to 30k miles and I'm going
> to need to replace the tires soon. Suggestions? Good performance first,
> but I don't want to spend too much. 205/40/17.

Well, you'll have a better chance of wide opinions if you start a separate
thread with this subject but ...... aside from that, the guys here are smart
enough to know that a proper recommendation can only come after more
specific info is gathered. You can do that if you want but, tons of info is
available on the forums at miata.net and actually, I've found tirerack's
site very helpful with comparisons and lots of customer feedback. They don't
seem to sift the bad ones out either, you get all kinds of responses.

Also, I've always trusted Car and Driver on these issues and they usually
have several comparos available for review on their site. In fact I ended up
going with the tire they picked not too far back (Goodyear Eagle F-1 GS D3)
and I've been very happy I did.

Good luck and, nice car!
Chris
99BBB

Old August 26th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

Carbon > wrote:

> The Car and Driver review was much better, exactly what I was
> looking for:
> http://www.caranddriver.com/article....article_id=102
> 52 The Goodyears do look very good. I liked that they also had
> good grip in the wet.

They do look good but I'd be a bit suspicious of testing on a different
car...

Hitch on '05 MazdaSpeed Miata? [email protected] Mazda 1 June 9th 06 09:55 PM
MazdaSpeed [email protected] Mazda 11 August 25th 05 05:38 AM
2005 Miata MAZDASPEED [email protected] Mazda 16 August 4th 05 01:15 AM
miata mazdaspeed bra JCRocks Mazda 0 July 1st 05 12:44 AM
Cruise Control for Mazdaspeed Miata Me Mazda 4 September 25th 04 12:59 AM