Hubcap Tony

Old March 24th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Hubcap Tony

Story that popped up in Google News caught my attention:

Wheels bare? Hubcap Tony's got you covered
"You name it, and chances are pretty good Hubcap Tony's got it.
On a recent day, Tony, 80, scrambled around his Murray store to find hubcaps
for a 1998 Plymouth Voyager, a 1963 Ford Mustang and a 1946 Hudson."

http://www.sltrib.com/midvale/ci_3629126

dwight

Old March 24th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

A hubcap for a 1963???? Mustang??? This is one I gotta see....

. ..

Old March 25th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Well, there WAS a prototype running around somewhere... Perhaps it hit a
pothole up by Tony's place and lost one of its one-off hubcaps.

)

Old March 25th 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

dwight wrote:
> Story that popped up in Google News caught my attention:
>
> Wheels bare? Hubcap Tony's got you covered
> "You name it, and chances are pretty good Hubcap Tony's got it.
> On a recent day, Tony, 80, scrambled around his Murray store to find hubcaps
> for a 1998 Plymouth Voyager, a 1963 Ford Mustang and a 1946 Hudson."
>
> http://www.sltrib.com/midvale/ci_3629126
>
> dwight

I wonder if he has a 1963 Mustang to go with that hubcap??

--
PMPO is a complete fantasy "spec" that has absolutely
NO physically justifiable meaning. The claim is just

Old March 25th 06, 08:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

dwight wrote:
> Well, there WAS a prototype running around somewhere... Perhaps it hit a
> pothole up by Tony's place and lost one of its one-off hubcaps.
>
> )

Didn't that proto have spinner wheels??

Old March 25th 06, 09:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

In article <id6Vf.396$IG.300@dukeread01>, WindsorFox wrote:
> dwight wrote:
>> Well, there WAS a prototype running around somewhere... Perhaps it hit a
>> pothole up by Tony's place and lost one of its one-off hubcaps.
>>
>> )
>>

> Didn't that proto have spinner wheels??

Yep... but there were prototype hubcaps for the production models:

http://www.geocities.com/tetraethyll...hubcaps001.jpg