Latest update on "Miata + Wing" in Austin

Old December 22nd 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Default Latest update on "Miata + Wing" in Austin

Despite the "Huge Tak" and the various miata recipes that are included
along with the paint, rims, and even tires, the 1992 "Miata + Wing" that
runs like a camp in Austin is still for sale.
There have been no problems because the car is still "FAST FAST ANF YUP
FERIOUS!!!!!"

He has failed to sell the car so far, but people are making fun of his
ad in at least three miata discussion forums so far, and I consider that
an accomplishment in itself. :-)

For those that missed it the first time around, plus I also wanted to
give Iva another chance to appreciate the fine spelling and grammar.

http://austin.craigslist.org/car/248721000.html

Pat
Old December 22nd 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Pat wrote:
> Despite the "Huge Tak" and the various miata recipes that are
> included along with the paint, rims, and even tires, the 1992 "Miata
> + Wing" that runs like a camp in Austin is still for sale.
> There have been no problems because the car is still "FAST FAST ANF
> YUP FERIOUS!!!!!"
>
> He has failed to sell the car so far, but people are making fun of
> his ad in at least three miata discussion forums so far, and I
> consider that an accomplishment in itself. :-)
>
> For those that missed it the first time around, plus I also wanted
> to give Iva another chance to appreciate the fine spelling and
> grammar.
>
> http://austin.craigslist.org/car/248721000.html

Are you counting the LVMOC discussion forum in those three? If not,
please do so - we've had a lot of fun with this one.

And my 4-year old nephew does better with spelling than that poor guy.
Probably because he (my nephew)doesn't have a Huge Tak. <G>

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old December 22nd 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Iva" > wrote in :

> And my 4-year old nephew does better with spelling than that poor
> guy. Probably because he (my nephew)doesn't have a Huge Tak. <G>

Anyone wonder if maybe it's just smart marketing? The guy's had
thousands of dollars worth of publicity just from the donw force
alone... If he advertised a "1992 Miata with custom paint, turbocharger
and wing for $6,500" would anyone notice?

As it is, hundreds of people know about the car who wouldn't otherwise
and if he gets his price he'll have the last laugh, won't he?
Old December 22nd 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >, "Iva" >
wrote:

> And my 4-year old nephew does better with spelling than that poor guy.
> Probably because he (my nephew)doesn't have a Huge Tak.

I get a dozen spams a day promising to help me out with that...
Old December 22nd 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article >, "Iva" >
> wrote:
>
>> And my 4-year old nephew does better with spelling than that poor guy.
>> Probably because he (my nephew)doesn't have a Huge Tak.

> I get a dozen spams a day promising to help me out with that...

I think that all three of you made very good points.

Now I am off to buy the biggest "TAK" I can find, hopefully the largest
ever made for any industrial application, even if I have to leave the
top down and give up the passenger seat for it to fit.
I am not going to have Mr. Miata + Wing outdoing my ego like that....

The sad thing is, if he had never put those yellow wheels on there and
had not spent money on that ridiculous wing to provide "donwforce at
about 160 mph", it would have probably sold quickly, assuming that it
doesn't have something like a carfax history showing a bad wreck or
something like that.
A well-maintained 1992 with that many miles will still get $3000.00 or
more.
His should easily fetch double that if so many people weren't "pointing
when they see it".

Pat
Old December 23rd 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Good point! I once worked for an Italian guy who's english language skills
varied day by day depending on the situation! Got him allot of attention.
He's rich now.

Chris

.. .

Old December 23rd 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Hay Pat, I think I can get you a good deal on a wing of a DC-3 that has
been around tha airport here for a long time. They would give it to you
I think, just to get it off the land. :-)
(Would that be a big enough wing ??? )

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old December 23rd 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Ya but he might have to install it only for circle track work due to the
symmetry or lack there of. I can see the vanity plate now: WIDE LOAD

Chris
99BBB

Old December 23rd 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
> Hay Pat, I think I can get you a good deal on a wing of a DC-3 that has
> been around tha airport here for a long time. They would give it to you
> I think, just to get it off the land. :-)
> (Would that be a big enough wing ??? )
>
> Bruce Bing '03 LS

I am much more concerned about the size of my "TAK". You see giant wings
every day on cars, but how often do you see a "HUGE TAK"?

I will, however, one-up the guy. I will put that wing on my miata and I
will also replace the passenger seat with a TAK that is at least three
feet across. Then I will have the hugest TAK and wing in Austin!

I wonder how much donwforce that wing will produce.

Pat

Old December 23rd 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Ya but he might have to install it only for circle track work due to the
> symmetry or lack there of. I can see the vanity plate now: WIDE LOAD
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

I plan to add a LOT of front-end weight to counter-balance the wing. I
don't go into these projects blindly. It should drive fine.

Pat