Do I have Leather

Old June 20th 05, 04:55 PM
Art M

Default Do I have Leather

How can I tell if I have real leather seats on my 2003 A4 1.8T Q?

I looked up my options codes at http://www.audi-faq.ru/prnumbers/
In my maintenance guide I have a code of N1F / LF for my interior code
That table list N1F = seat coverings in leather, G grain
pattern/leatherette, B grain pattern

Thanks.

--Art

Old June 20th 05, 05:22 PM
Guy King

The message <cGBte.35779$rb6.15844@lakeread07>
from "Art M" > contains these words:

> How can I tell if I have real leather seats on my 2003 A4 1.8T Q?

Look at them.

--
Skipweasel.
Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."

Old June 20th 05, 05:54 PM
Art M

"Guy King" > wrote in message
> The message <cGBte.35779$rb6.15844@lakeread07>
> from "Art M" > contains these words:
>
>> How can I tell if I have real leather seats on my 2003 A4 1.8T Q?

> Look at them.
>
> --
> Skipweasel.
> Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."

Smart ass, I've never owned a vehicle with either leather or leatherette so
I don't know how well the latter imitates the former.

Old June 20th 05, 06:43 PM
SteveH

Art M > wrote:

> "Guy King" > wrote in message
> > The message <cGBte.35779$rb6.15844@lakeread07>
> > from "Art M" > contains these words:
> >
> >> How can I tell if I have real leather seats on my 2003 A4 1.8T Q?

> > Look at them.
> >
> > --
> > Skipweasel.
> > Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."

> Smart ass, I've never owned a vehicle with either leather or leatherette so
> I don't know how well the latter imitates the former.

If it smells of dead cow, it's leather.

You could always try dropping a fag end on it - if it melts it's
'leatherette'.

HTH.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Passat 1.8 Turbo SE - COSOC KOTL
Old June 20th 05, 07:43 PM
Ronny

SteveH wrote:
> Art M > wrote:
>
>> "Guy King" > wrote in message
>>> The message <cGBte.35779$rb6.15844@lakeread07>
>>> from "Art M" > contains these words:

>>> Look at them.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Skipweasel.
>>> Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."

>> Smart ass, I've never owned a vehicle with either leather or
>> leatherette so I don't know how well the latter imitates the former.

> If it smells of dead cow, it's leather.
>
> You could always try dropping a fag end on it - if it melts it's
> 'leatherette'.
>
> HTH.

Is this "leatherette" an American thing, cos no Audi in the UK have this,
are we talking about plastic seats? Surely the smell of Leather will give it
away?

Old June 20th 05, 07:45 PM
SteveH

Ronny > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:
> > Art M > wrote:

> >> Smart ass, I've never owned a vehicle with either leather or
> >> leatherette so I don't know how well the latter imitates the former.

> > If it smells of dead cow, it's leather.
> >
> > You could always try dropping a fag end on it - if it melts it's
> > 'leatherette'.
> >
> > HTH.

> Is this "leatherette" an American thing, cos no Audi in the UK have this,
> are we talking about plastic seats? Surely the smell of Leather will give it
> away?

It may not be advertised as 'leatherette', ISTR one of the Kraut makers
fobs it off on unsuspecting punters as 'sport-tex' or 'sport cloth'.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Passat 1.8 Turbo SE - COSOC KOTL
Old June 20th 05, 08:35 PM
Guy King

The message <gxCte.35781$rb6.9013@lakeread07>
from "Art M" > contains these words:

> Smart ass, I've never owned a vehicle with either leather or leatherette so
> I don't know how well the latter imitates the former.

Then don't worry about it.

Old June 20th 05, 08:55 PM
Dave

> How can I tell if I have real leather seats on my 2003 A4 1.8T Q?
> I looked up my options codes at http://www.audi-faq.ru/prnumbers/
> In my maintenance guide I have a code of N1F / LF for my interior code
> That table list N1F = seat coverings in leather, G grain
> pattern/leatherette, B grain pattern

My understanding is that any part you sit on will be real leather but the
sides, back and parts of the headrest will be leatherette.

I'm pretty sure it was stated in the sales brochure but I didn't keep mine.

HTH

Old June 20th 05, 08:58 PM
Art M

"Guy King" > wrote in message
> The message <gxCte.35781$rb6.9013@lakeread07>
> from "Art M" > contains these words:
>
>> Smart ass, I've never owned a vehicle with either leather or leatherette
>> so
>> I don't know how well the latter imitates the former.

> Then don't worry about it.

As I understand it, care and cleaning for the two are different.

--Art

Old June 20th 05, 09:00 PM
Art M

Thanks

156 Momo leather BigAl Alfa Romeo 3 April 12th 05 06:48 PM
new leather interior in my 96 GT Vert Scotter Ford Mustang 11 March 27th 05 03:53 AM
GM CORVETTE LEATHER JACKET + MORE!!! Jay Corvette 0 February 18th 05 03:53 PM
How to get that leather smell in a car? aniram General 0 August 27th 04 01:53 PM
1994 Leather Sport Seat replacement Charles L. Cotton Corvette 7 August 24th 04 03:07 AM