Force = Mass x Acceleration

Old February 9th 13, 06:18 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ken[_9_]

Default Force = Mass x Acceleration

No
Not all Vets, but there's enough of 'em

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmeTLcW2TIM
Old February 9th 13, 10:40 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
tww1491

"Ken" wrote in message

No
Not all Vets, but there's enough of 'em

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmeTLcW2TIM

As applies, those drivers need to get it off the street. A good place to
learn for me years ago when driving a modified Sunbeam Tiger -- was club
sponsored autocrosses. We held ours on large aircraft parking areas or
abandoned taxiways.

Old February 9th 13, 11:01 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
brian

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 10:18:21 -0800 (PST), Ken >
wrote:

>No
>Not all Vets, but there's enough of 'em
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmeTLcW2TIM

Oh my!

Lots of reasons, but mostly just too much HP for whoever was driving.
Old February 11th 13, 01:22 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

"brian" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 10:18:21 -0800 (PST), Ken >
> wrote:
>
>>No
>>Not all Vets, but there's enough of 'em
>>
>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmeTLcW2TIM

> Oh my!
>
> Lots of reasons, but mostly just too much HP for whoever was driving.

Why I quit drag racing my 64 and 69 Vettes. Not worth the pain and grief
of "losing it". Guess I am getting too old. I do not feel immortal
anymore like I did when I was 16.

Old February 11th 13, 04:21 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
brian

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 17:22:45 -0800, "uncle_vito"
> wrote:

>"brian" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 10:18:21 -0800 (PST), Ken >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>No
>>>Not all Vets, but there's enough of 'em
>>>
>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmeTLcW2TIM

>> Oh my!
>>
>> Lots of reasons, but mostly just too much HP for whoever was driving.

>Why I quit drag racing my 64 and 69 Vettes. Not worth the pain and grief
>of "losing it". Guess I am getting too old. I do not feel immortal
>anymore like I did when I was 16.

I know the feeling. I would imagine most of those crash test dummies
were pretty young and testosterone and alcohol fuled. I have a base C6
that is a wonderful cruiser and does well through the canyons. Though
not as well as a few years ago when I was still inhabited by a bit
more of kid.

Mortality is real...............
Old February 11th 13, 02:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_2_]

"brian" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 17:22:45 -0800, "uncle_vito"
> > wrote:
>

>>"brian" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Oh my!
>>>
>>> Lots of reasons, but mostly just too much HP for whoever was driving.

>>Why I quit drag racing my 64 and 69 Vettes. Not worth the pain and grief
>>of "losing it". Guess I am getting too old. I do not feel immortal
>>anymore like I did when I was 16.
>>

> I know the feeling. I would imagine most of those crash test dummies
> were pretty young and testosterone and alcohol fuled. I have a base C6
> that is a wonderful cruiser and does well through the canyons. Though
> not as well as a few years ago when I was still inhabited by a bit
> more of kid.
>
> Mortality is real...............

Not a plan but somehow at my age I'd rather pass on alone in a waded up
Corvette than with a wad of tubes stuck in all my orifices in some smelly
rest home. Just set the whole mess on fire, scrap up the ashes and scatter
them on my final resting place.

Old February 11th 13, 05:38 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
brian

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 09:59:44 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:

>"brian" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 17:22:45 -0800, "uncle_vito"
>> > wrote:

>>>Why I quit drag racing my 64 and 69 Vettes. Not worth the pain and grief
>>>of "losing it". Guess I am getting too old. I do not feel immortal
>>>anymore like I did when I was 16.
>>>

>> I know the feeling. I would imagine most of those crash test dummies
>> were pretty young and testosterone and alcohol fuled. I have a base C6
>> that is a wonderful cruiser and does well through the canyons. Though
>> not as well as a few years ago when I was still inhabited by a bit
>> more of kid.
>>
>> Mortality is real...............
>>

>Not a plan but somehow at my age I'd rather pass on alone in a waded up
>Corvette than with a wad of tubes stuck in all my orifices in some smelly
>rest home. Just set the whole mess on fire, scrap up the ashes and scatter
>them on my final resting place.

Unfortunately we just don't know. If it were me in that waded up Vette
some highly trained EMP would probably arrive on the scene in the nick
of time and with the jaws extricate my broken body, insert tubes, and
haul me off to the "wait to die ward".

Still............ I still, on occasion, like to drive my corvette as
fast as I can, that just isn't so fast as it once was and is never
fueled with alcohol anymore. Mexican food perhaps.............
Old February 11th 13, 06:17 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

"Ken" > wrote in message
> No
> Not all Vets, but there's enough of 'em
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmeTLcW2TIM

Have a club member with a 2011 ZR-1. He is quite wealthy but was smart
enough to buy one that was 2 years old at the time.

I can just see this car getting into trouble, romping on it in a turn.

Would the Stability Control prevent these overcorrections and spins?

Vito

Old February 11th 13, 07:58 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Rufus

Dad wrote:
> "brian" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 17:22:45 -0800, "uncle_vito"
>> > wrote:

>>> Why I quit drag racing my 64 and 69 Vettes. Not worth the pain and grief
>>> of "losing it". Guess I am getting too old. I do not feel immortal
>>> anymore like I did when I was 16.
>>>

>> I know the feeling. I would imagine most of those crash test dummies
>> were pretty young and testosterone and alcohol fuled. I have a base C6
>> that is a wonderful cruiser and does well through the canyons. Though
>> not as well as a few years ago when I was still inhabited by a bit
>> more of kid.
>>
>> Mortality is real...............
>>

> Not a plan but somehow at my age I'd rather pass on alone in a waded up
> Corvette than with a wad of tubes stuck in all my orifices in some smelly
> rest home. Just set the whole mess on fire, scrap up the ashes and scatter
> them on my final resting place.

....second.

--
- Rufus
Old February 11th 13, 08:15 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_2_]

"uncle_vito" > wrote in message

> "Ken" > wrote in message
>> No
>> Not all Vets, but there's enough of 'em
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmeTLcW2TIM

> Have a club member with a 2011 ZR-1. He is quite wealthy but was smart
> enough to buy one that was 2 years old at the time.
>
> I can just see this car getting into trouble, romping on it in a turn.
>
> Would the Stability Control prevent these overcorrections and spins?
>
> Vito

I was forced off the road at speed 2 nights ago by a pair of semis head on,
onto a muddy ditch bank and started sliding to my right. Correction didn't
work, had to go through the shallow ditch and was able to stay off the
fence. There was the cross road just ahead of me and I was on it before I
could react much, just able to brake while on the asphalt and stop before I
slid on by. ****ed off and covered in mud I got back on the road but had to
stop shortly after that to get control of my shaking.

To answer your question if the active handling did anything I didn't know it
and I don't remember seeing any lights come on but I do remember the chatter
of the ABS. Also can't say the ABS was the AH working or if it was because
of my hard braking to stop on the side road, just happened to fast. Most
likely it only took 20 seconds for the entire event but much longer for my
heart rate to become normal again.

aqua force hunger pantie teen aqua force hunger pantie teen aqua teenhunger force dumber dolls [email protected] Saturn 0 March 27th 08 11:55 AM
Mass Air [email protected] Ford Mustang 0 December 13th 06 08:33 PM
92 Accord has no power on acceleration / slow acceleration zdrepaul Honda 0 April 21st 05 09:29 PM
Searching in Mass. NoteHead Mazda 11 January 29th 05 03:11 PM
Absolutely Fee 100% Anonyms mass email software to send your mass email without losing your Internet connection. [email protected] VW water cooled 0 January 10th 05 02:22 AM