C5 headlights -

Old December 14th 10, 07:17 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
FBNE[_2_]

Default C5 headlights -

Merry Christmas all. Either I am getting older or the headlights on my
C5 seem to be too dim for me. It is especially troublesome on the
low-beam side. It looks like the beam is "hitting" the road about 20
feet in front of the drivers side and only slightly better on the pax
side. I have the silverstar bulbs in there now and did not see any
improvement. Anyone running better LED bulbs or street legal HIDS? Te
lights look fairly good on hi-beam, but practical in traffic. Thx

-FBNE
Old December 16th 10, 06:08 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

I would think any of the major catalog companies would have all the possible aftermarket options listred.

-W

Old December 16th 10, 06:30 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"FBNE" > wrote in message
> Merry Christmas all. Either I am getting older or the headlights
> on my C5 seem to be too dim for me. It is especially troublesome on
> the low-beam side. It looks like the beam is "hitting" the road
> about 20 feet in front of the drivers side and only slightly better
> on the pax side. I have the silverstar bulbs in there now and did
> not see any improvement. Anyone running better LED bulbs or street
> legal HIDS? Te lights look fairly good on hi-beam, but practical in
> traffic. Thx
>
> -FBNE

First off I'd align what you have and then put them on a direct power
feed. A good site to read is
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/home.html I'm not sure he still
sells a relay kit but they are not hard to make, look under products.

Was your car new when you got it and/or have you or the previous owner
changed any settings or equipment besides bulbs? Do the headlight
doors open equally? I've never had the issues you speak of with the C5
so I've never tried the changes you desire. I have seen some very poor
results with some of the HID changes at quite an expense. Since I now
drive a C6 the headlights are more than adequate and require no
updates.

If there are LED headlights for the C5 now I'd surely consider them
but have yet to see them offered by anyone.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old December 16th 10, 08:00 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Roy[_2_]

"Dad" > wrote in message
news

> "FBNE" > wrote in message
>> Merry Christmas all. Either I am getting older or the headlights on my
>> C5 seem to be too dim for me. It is especially troublesome on the
>> low-beam side. It looks like the beam is "hitting" the road about 20
>> feet in front of the drivers side and only slightly better on the pax
>> side. I have the silverstar bulbs in there now and did not see any
>> improvement. Anyone running better LED bulbs or street legal HIDS? Te
>> lights look fairly good on hi-beam, but practical in traffic. Thx
>>
>> -FBNE
>>

> First off I'd align what you have and then put them on a direct power
> feed. A good site to read is http://www.danielsternlighting.com/home.html
> I'm not sure he still sells a relay kit but they are not hard to make,
> look under products.
>
> Was your car new when you got it and/or have you or the previous owner
> changed any settings or equipment besides bulbs? Do the headlight doors
> open equally?

Headlight door's??????

Old December 16th 10, 08:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

"Roy" > wrote in message ...

> > Was your car new when you got it and/or have you or the previous owner
> > changed any settings or equipment besides bulbs? Do the headlight doors
> > open equally?

> Headlight door's??????

Yes Roy,

Headlight_****ing_doors. You got a problem with pop up headlights?

-W

Old December 16th 10, 10:01 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Roy[_2_]

m...

No Clammy I don't have a problem with ****ing doors. I was thinking C6

Old December 16th 10, 10:21 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

"Roy" > wrote in message ...

> No Clammy I don't have a problem with ****ing doors. I was thinking C6

Last time I tried ****ing a door - I got splinters.

-W

Old December 16th 10, 10:28 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Roy" > wrote in message

> "Dad" > wrote in message
> news
>>
>> "FBNE" > wrote in message
>>> Merry Christmas all. Either I am getting older or the headlights
>>> on my C5 seem to be too dim for me. It is especially troublesome
>>> on the low-beam side. It looks like the beam is "hitting" the
>>> road about 20 feet in front of the drivers side and only slightly
>>> better on the pax side. I have the silverstar bulbs in there now
>>> and did not see any improvement. Anyone running better LED bulbs
>>> or street legal HIDS? Te lights look fairly good on hi-beam, but
>>> practical in traffic. Thx
>>>
>>> -FBNE
>>>

>> First off I'd align what you have and then put them on a direct
>> power feed. A good site to read is
>> http://www.danielsternlighting.com/home.html I'm not sure he still
>> sells a relay kit but they are not hard to make, look under
>> products.
>>
>> Was your car new when you got it and/or have you or the previous
>> owner changed any settings or equipment besides bulbs? Do the
>> headlight doors open equally?

> Headlight door's??????

Yep, group 2 item numbers 10249744 RH and 10447810 LH, DOOR HDLP OPG,
but I quit on a manual update at 2001 because I don't need those
number anymore since I went to the C6. Just saying the numbers may
have changed after 2001 but I doubt it on those items although the
side shields and plugs did change, items 4 and 32 group 2, sometime
before 2001.

Old December 17th 10, 03:35 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
FBNE[_2_]

On 12/16/2010 10:30 AM, Dad wrote:

> "FBNE" > wrote in message
>> Merry Christmas all. Either I am getting older or the headlights on my
>> C5 seem to be too dim for me. It is especially troublesome on the
>> low-beam side. It looks like the beam is "hitting" the road about 20
>> feet in front of the drivers side and only slightly better on the pax
>> side. I have the silverstar bulbs in there now and did not see any
>> improvement. Anyone running better LED bulbs or street legal HIDS? Te
>> lights look fairly good on hi-beam, but practical in traffic. Thx
>>
>> -FBNE
>>

> First off I'd align what you have and then put them on a direct power
> feed. A good site to read is
> http://www.danielsternlighting.com/home.html I'm not sure he still sells
> a relay kit but they are not hard to make, look under products.
>
> Was your car new when you got it and/or have you or the previous owner
> changed any settings or equipment besides bulbs? Do the headlight doors
> open equally? I've never had the issues you speak of with the C5 so I've
> never tried the changes you desire. I have seen some very poor results
> with some of the HID changes at quite an expense. Since I now drive a C6
> the headlights are more than adequate and require no updates.
>
> If there are LED headlights for the C5 now I'd surely consider them but
> have yet to see them offered by anyone.

I am the second owner, bought it in 2004 with 9K now has 59K I pulled
the entire headlight assembly yesterday and the adjustment rod is
pooched. It is jammed and will not rotate at all. This is the large
gold/bronze colored rod. I see a torx head on the the end of the screw
it drives (inboard) it drives, but it is frozen as well. I never noticed
a problem until I put the silverstar bulbs in. Thought maybe I just
didn't seat them correctly, but that wasn't the issue.
Old December 17th 10, 01:58 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Blue C5

On Dec 16, 9:35*pm, FBNE > wrote:
> On 12/16/2010 10:30 AM, Dad wrote:
>

> > "FBNE" > wrote in message
> >> Merry Christmas all. Either I am getting older or the headlights on my
> >> C5 seem to be too dim for me. It is especially troublesome on the
> >> low-beam side. It looks like the beam is "hitting" the road about 20
> >> feet in front of the drivers side and only slightly better on the pax
> >> side. I have the silverstar bulbs in there now and did not see any
> >> improvement. Anyone running better LED bulbs or street legal HIDS? Te
> >> lights look fairly good on hi-beam, but practical in traffic. Thx

> >> -FBNE

> > First off I'd align what you have and then put them on a direct power
> > feed. A good site to read is
> >http://www.danielsternlighting.com/home.htmlI'm not sure he still sells
> > a relay kit but they are not hard to make, look under products.

> > Was your car new when you got it and/or have you or the previous owner
> > changed any settings or equipment besides bulbs? Do the headlight doors
> > open equally? I've never had the issues you speak of with the C5 so I've
> > never tried the changes you desire. I have seen some very poor results
> > with some of the HID changes at quite an expense. Since I now drive a C6
> > the headlights are more than adequate and require no updates.

> > If there are LED headlights for the C5 now I'd surely consider them but
> > have yet to see them offered by anyone.

> I am the second owner, bought it in 2004 with 9K now has 59K *I pulled
> the entire headlight assembly yesterday and the adjustment rod is
> pooched. It is jammed and will not rotate at all. *This is the large
> gold/bronze colored rod. *I see a torx head on the the end of the screw
> it drives (inboard) it drives, but it is frozen as well. I never noticed
> a problem until I put the silverstar bulbs in. *Thought maybe I just
> didn't seat them correctly, but that wasn't the issue.

I put in a full set of HIDs on my C5 a few years ago. What I noticed
was that the bulb angle in the socket can be different and therefore
affect the angle of the beam. I had to adjust them all and they have
been perfect since. You can spot a deer a long ways away,

headlights Michael McNeil Technology 4 January 21st 06 07:46 PM
97 Headlights Bob Lewit Ford Mustang 2 January 15th 06 04:30 AM
97 zj headlights mikl Jeep 5 July 6th 05 10:55 PM
Headlights cyberia Alfa Romeo 2 March 15th 05 06:52 AM
c3 headlights? The Entitty Corvette 12 September 26th 04 01:05 PM