will this fit in the back of a C6??

Old July 8th 07, 03:27 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Default will this fit in the back of a C6??

They seem to claim the C6 'vert still manages 2 bags with the power top
here.
http://robkechev.com/Corvette.aspx

Old July 8th 07, 03:51 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ[_4_]

Bob I wrote:
> They seem to claim the C6 'vert still manages 2 bags with the power top
> here.
> http://robkechev.com/Corvette.aspx
>
> Dad wrote:
>> "Scubabix" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "hmmmmmm" > wrote in message
>>> u...
>>>>
>>> Just a bit of trivia, the C5/C6 requirement was to be able to fit TWO
>>> golf bags in the trunk (boot). The logic was that many Corvette
>>> drivers would be golfers and wouldn't want to have to drive two cars
>>> or another one to go golfing.
>>> Rob

>> That was true with the C5 but not the C6, when they decided to
>> you're-peein-nize-it the shorter version now only holds one set of
>> clubs and a soccer ball.

The claim is correct. "Two large bags."
Works if you're playing a 3-par -- no driver,
just irons & short putter.

Porsche has always made a *very* big thing
about this. GM learned, early-on that it's a
major sales factor.

--
pj
Old July 8th 07, 04:04 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Bob I" > wrote in message
> They seem to claim the C6 'vert still manages 2 bags with the power
> top here.
> http://robkechev.com/Corvette.aspx

As long as that second set of clubs, in a bag, are not longer than 43
inches they will fit, a woman's driver is 44/44.5. The fairway woods
wood make it but some time they have to tee up. I really can't comment
on the convertible though as I've never had a C6 that wasn't a coupe,
2 sets were not an issue in a C5 though. There is no problem traveling
in the C6 with a 53" double rifle case but even that has to be on edge
to carry another 50" case with the smaller rifles. As for the golf
bags you will be restricted to a 11" diameter for the one over 43". By
the way, that much weight back there is noticeable and even packing
the rest of the heavier stuff up front you could still feel the affect
at speed. Of course that shouldn't bother anyone as they troddle off
to the local golf course for a day of shooting birdies.

Old July 9th 07, 12:19 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Dad wrote:

> "Bob I" > wrote in message
>> They seem to claim the C6 'vert still manages 2 bags with the power
>> top here.
>> http://robkechev.com/Corvette.aspx
>>

> As long as that second set of clubs, in a bag, are not longer than 43
> inches they will fit, a woman's driver is 44/44.5. The fairway woods
> wood make it but some time they have to tee up. I really can't comment
> on the convertible though as I've never had a C6 that wasn't a coupe, 2
> sets were not an issue in a C5 though. There is no problem traveling in
> the C6 with a 53" double rifle case but even that has to be on edge to
> carry another 50" case with the smaller rifles. As for the golf bags you
> will be restricted to a 11" diameter for the one over 43". By the way,
> that much weight back there is noticeable and even packing the rest of
> the heavier stuff up front you could still feel the affect at speed. Of
> course that shouldn't bother anyone as they troddle off to the local
> golf course for a day of shooting birdies.

I haven't tried the golf bags in our '03 'vert, but there is really a
lot of room back there. We typically pack enough for a 2 week vacation
back there and try to run with the top down unless it rains or the
temperature gets unbearable! I see the C6 lost a bit of space in the
tail though.
Old July 9th 07, 02:24 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Sarah Czepiel

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 11:04:02 -0400, "Dad" > wrote:

:>By the way, that much weight back there is noticeable and even packing
:>the rest of the heavier stuff up front you could still feel the affect
:>at speed.

How much weight are you talking about Dad? We had two dogs
[ combined weight 80 lbs ] two parachute bags weighing easily 50 lbs
apiece, a hunting rifle in soft case @ 8 lbs, and a military ammo can
weighing approx. 30 lbs.. Add an extra pair of sneakers tucked
into the left rear cubby, assorted bags of loose stuff for the dogs
[ leashes, water bowl for the trip ] gifts for the family etc, and a
17" laptop in a carry bag behind the passenger seat, and that puts us
at close to 268 additional lbs. I gotta tell ya Dad, if you're
talking about those kinds of added weight then our experience is the
complete opposite of what you've felt. We went hammer and tongs for
8 hours averaging 75mph and had no noticeable feeling at speed due to
the extra weight. What we did feel were the crappy road conditions on
the interstates in New Jersey and parts of New York. Tsk, tsk NJ
and NY...all those tolls and you can't fix your interstate highways ?
Old July 9th 07, 04:36 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.[_2_]

>You guys need a coupe. Our C6 accommodated quite comfortably
>our two fully loaded parachute bags, a hunting rifle and ammo, and our
>two beagles when we took an 8 hour trip from Maryland to Rhode Island.
>
>http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...eadyToRoll.jpg
>
>A quick image before I sent it through photoshop cleanup.

=================
No Sorry ....
I do not care for the large rear window.. just not my thing, and
nothing against owners of coupes... thats what the at least give us a
choice... LOL

Bob G.
Old July 9th 07, 04:42 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.[_2_]

>I haven't tried the golf bags in our '03 'vert, but there is really a
>lot of room back there. We typically pack enough for a 2 week vacation
>back there and try to run with the top down unless it rains or the
>temperature gets unbearable! I see the C6 lost a bit of space in the
>tail though.

Are you really married ?

IF I took a toothbrush one pair of shoes, and a set of cloths for 2
days (and some quarters for a daily trip to the Laundrymat) I could
never fit 2 weeks of my wives cloths etc in my 98 Vert..heck last time
we did a weekend I had to ship a bunch OUR (yea I'm guilty too) of
purchases home via UPS because of lack of room...

Bob G.

Old July 9th 07, 06:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ[_4_]

Bob G. wrote:
>> I haven't tried the golf bags in our '03 'vert, but there is really a
>> lot of room back there. We typically pack enough for a 2 week vacation
>> back there and try to run with the top down unless it rains or the
>> temperature gets unbearable! I see the C6 lost a bit of space in the
>> tail though.

> Are you really married ?
>
> IF I took a toothbrush one pair of shoes, and a set of cloths for 2
> days (and some quarters for a daily trip to the Laundrymat) I could
> never fit 2 weeks of my wives cloths etc in my 98 Vert..heck last time
> we did a weekend I had to ship a bunch OUR (yea I'm guilty too) of
> purchases home via UPS because of lack of room...
>
> Bob G.

It's not the plastic car that's the problem,
it's the plastic card(s)! ...pj
Old July 9th 07, 06:13 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Unquestionably Confused

Bob G., wrote the following at or about 7/9/2007 10:42 AM:

> IF I took a toothbrush one pair of shoes, and a set of cloths for 2
> days (and some quarters for a daily trip to the Laundrymat) I could
> never fit 2 weeks of my wives cloths etc in my 98 Vert..heck last time
> we did a weekend I had to ship a bunch OUR (yea I'm guilty too) of
> purchases home via UPS because of lack of room...

Can't beat the laws of physics, especially the one that says "Your stuff
will expand to exceed the amount of available storage space."

Old July 9th 07, 08:16 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Bob G." <rg327_remove_comcast.net> wrote in message

>>I haven't tried the golf bags in our '03 'vert, but there is really
>>lot of room back there. We typically pack enough for a 2 week
>>vacation
>>back there and try to run with the top down unless it rains or the
>>temperature gets unbearable! I see the C6 lost a bit of space in the
>>tail though.

> Are you really married ?
>
> IF I took a toothbrush one pair of shoes, and a set of cloths for 2
> days (and some quarters for a daily trip to the Laundrymat) I could
> never fit 2 weeks of my wives cloths etc in my 98 Vert..heck last
> time
> we did a weekend I had to ship a bunch OUR (yea I'm guilty too) of
> purchases home via UPS because of lack of room...
>
> Bob G.

The simple answer is a big back window coupe, traveled 3 weeks, 12,000
miles, with 3 of her hard side suitcases and my duffel bag with no
problem.