In search of Speedvision Audi S8 test drive video

Old August 26th 04, 03:42 PM
Markbot

Default In search of Speedvision Audi S8 test drive video

I was wondering if there is any way to find any copies of a program that aired on Speedvision, now the Speed Chanel a few years back?

They have a regular feature called a “test drive” that has been around for a number of years. Tapes of the programs used to be available when Speedvision ran the show, but under their new banner I believe they have done away with this. Anyway, there are tapes of these test drives that appear on ebay from time to time.

Back in 2001/2002, Speedvision did a test drive of an 2001 Audi S8 at the Infineon Raceway (formerly Sears Point Raceway) in northern California with Derek Bell at the wheel. I contacted the producer who has copies but no distribution rights! Speed Channel is no help and Audi USA doesn’t take phone calls or return emails.

Any thoughts or searches would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Markbot
Old August 27th 04, 05:07 PM
Steve Sears

Markbot,
You might try asking the forums at Audiworld, Audifans, or on the S-Cars
lists. Speedvision's store is at www.speedshop.com - maybe contact someone
there.
Or, try calling NASCAR - they own Speedvision now, don't they?
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ - sorta like the Talladega 5000tq
(http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/troubl...body/tall4.htm) ... without
all the power and the honkin' huge tires (but _with_ 200mph tape)
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

Old August 27th 04, 07:42 PM
Stephen Clark

I believe Speed Channel is owned by Fox, it only seems like it's owned by
NASCAR! I regularly watch "Test Drive" and I don't recall having seen an
episode on the S8, but if they re-run it, I'll happily forward you a copy.

I've been having bouts with S8 fever myself lately....

And, hello Steve! Can I still be in the ancient Audi club if I get an S8? I
promise to keep the 100 as well!

--
Stephen Clark
Houston, Texas USA

See my Audi in the Registry at www.audiworld.com!

. ..

Old August 27th 04, 10:01 PM
Steve Sears

Stephen,
Yes, you can still be in the "ancient Audi club" - just promise to keep the
S8 until it's an antique. In the meantime, keeping the 100 will waive the
super-expensive bi-weekly membership dues. After blasting around the test
track with - and being thrown around the back of - an S8 at the Audi quattro
Challenge a couple of years back - I know what you mean. It was kinda like
Ronin...mixed with "Star" of BMW Films....ya want proof?...:
Proof:
http://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/329971.phtml - I took that picture
http://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/330011.phtml - that's me!!!!!
Cheers!
Steve Sears - running for president of the AAC
1987 Audi 5kTQ - presidential limo
1980 Audi 5k - backup presidential limo
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - smokescreen generator for the
presidential limo.....

Old August 28th 04, 04:43 AM
Stephen Clark

Whew! That's a relief. If you own an S8, I understand you can't afford
expensive dues to anyone other than Audi!

I drove a silver one as well; described it in the Audiworld A8 (D2) Forum as
"running like a scalded cat!"

BTW, nice hat!