Audi chooses A3 as its Super Bowl darling

Old January 4th 14, 08:33 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
MummyChunk

Default Audi chooses A3 as its Super Bowl darling

From ESPN

Audi to advertise in Super Bowl XLVIII with spot for the all-new A3

-Sixty-second spot to air in first in-game commercial break after
halftime
-2014 marks the seventh consecutive year for the brand as an
advertiser in the big game
-Spot to feature the all-new Audi A3, arriving in U.S. showrooms in
Spring 2014

Audi of America today announced its return to the Super Bowl with a
:60 spot featuring the all-new Audi A3. The seventh consecutive Super
Bowl ad for the brand will air during the big game on February 2,
2014, in the first in-game break after the 3rd quarter kick-off, in
the final position of the advertising break.

"We're excited to once again return to America's biggest
advertising stage, the Super Bowl, for our seventh consecutive
year," said Loren Angelo, Director of Marketing for Audi of
America. "As one of the most highly-anticipated viewing events of
the year, the Super Bowl is the perfect venue to launch the all-new,
technology-advanced Audi A3, set to be a game changing vehicle for
Audi in the U.S."

San Francisco-based Venables Bell & Partners is creating the spot.
The :60 ad is directed by the acclaimed Noam Murro.

The all-new Audi A3 lineup begins with the A3 sedan, which goes on
sale in the spring of 2014. The A3 sedan plays a pivotal role in the
soon to be expanding Audi A3 family and will be priced from a base
MSRP of $29,900. It will be joined later in the fall of 2014 by the
Audi A3 Cabriolet, A3 TDI clean diesel sedan, the high-performance S3
sedan and in early 2015, the A3 Sportback e-tron® gasoline electric
plug-in hybrid (PHEV). The Audi A3 family breaks the boundaries and
raises the bar as to what is expected out of entry-level luxury
vehicles. The A3 marks the first time that an A-segment vehicle will
offer MMI® technology, Audi drive select, 4G LTE connectivity and Bang
& Olufsen® audio.

Audi year-after-year has delivered highly-rated and innovative Super
Bowl campaigns. Last year, Audi posted its Super Bowl spot,
"Prom," to its You Tube page along with three alternate
endings prior to the game and allowed viewers to choose how they
wanted the ad to end. In 2012, Audi's entertaining spot "Vampire
Party" showcased the power of progressive engineering with the
brand's signature LED headlight technology. In 2011, Audi's
"Release the Hounds," featuring the Audi A8 and a cameo by
Kenny G, redefined luxury and became the first Super Bowl spot in
history to use a Twitter hashtag.

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...3451#255253451

Old January 4th 14, 09:25 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Kevin McMurtrie[_3_]

Ooops. Audi USA accidentally orphaned the A3 on their web site. It's
there but no longer shown in the list of models to choose from.