C5 windows problem

Old October 12th 11, 01:56 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
FBNE[_2_]

Default C5 windows problem

Seems like I must have hit the magical mileage mark that requires things
to be replaced. The driver window has started to hang on lowering. If I
run it back up an inch, it will lower another 6" and the I repeat the
operation and get it rolled down. Does anyone have a link to door panel
removal and some insight into the mech that runs the window? The up
operation is still smooth..for now.

2001 C5 71K

thx,
FBNE
Old October 20th 11, 03:34 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
FBNE[_2_]

On 10/11/2011 5:56 PM, FBNE wrote:
> Seems like I must have hit the magical mileage mark that requires things
> to be replaced. The driver window has started to hang on lowering. If I
> run it back up an inch, it will lower another 6" and the I repeat the
> operation and get it rolled down. Does anyone have a link to door panel
> removal and some insight into the mech that runs the window? The up
> operation is still smooth..for now.
>
> 2001 C5 71K
>
> thx,
> FBNE

Broke it open today and found one of the cables hard points developed a
crack and was able to flex, should just stay straight. I have a new
regulator and motor on order for ~$70. Looks like a simple repair. I
will post results.

FBNE

93 Aerostar Power Windows Problem Josh[_8_] Technology 1 November 7th 09 10:50 PM
2004 Caravan Door locks/power windows problem [email protected] Dodge 1 April 24th 07 08:39 PM
2004 Caravan Door locks/power windows problem Erick Ondich Dodge 2 April 24th 07 08:30 PM
power windows problem jim Jeep 1 August 7th 06 11:47 PM
Power Windows Problem on 2000 Dodge Caravan [email protected] Chrysler 5 June 2nd 05 05:31 AM