'03 Rear axle whine

Old July 10th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Cedartown Electronics

Default '03 Rear axle whine

Last post on this subject (I hope)

1. Truck went in shop 7/5/06. Service guy carried my wife home. (we live
about 15 miles from shop)
2. Shop delivered truck back at house 07/07/06.
3. Fixed the following items:
Put in rear end bearing kit
Replaced rear driver side power window motor. (again)
Replaced black door pillar panels on both sides that had become
discolored.
Put a few bucks of gas in truck
4. Charge: $0
5. I tested the truck Sunday and the rear whine is not noticeable.

All in all, not a bad experience at all. I suggest Freedom Ford in Centre,
Alabama if you live anywhere around here. They also listen to my other
complaints and offer suggestions on how to fix them myself on my '99
Explorer and '01 SuperCrew. So far so good, I have my fingers crossed!

Thanks everyone!
Richard Grimes

"Cedartown Electronics" > wrote in message
> Well it really went in today to the shop. 07/05/06 warranty expires
> 07/31/06. They did not have a loaner car for my wife so the service

manager
> took her home. Which was pretty nice of them.
> Is there any particular "test" that can be done to make sure

everything
> is OK, or at least not worse?
>
> Thanks
> Richard
>
> "Cedartown Electronics" > wrote in message
> >

> > 2003 XLT 24K miles almost out of warranty first of August.
> >
> > Calcification on rear axle noise?
> >
> > I think my explorer in getting the famous rear end whine. At speeds
> > between 40 and 65 there is a loud whining sound BUT when I take my foot

> off
> > of the gas the whine sound quits. Is this what everyone has been

talking

--
Cedartown Electronics
®RadioShack Dealer 22-A724

Old July 11th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
akheel

Was you Explorer still under factory warranty? I too have the
discoloration of the window pillars on my Explorer (2002). It's way out
of warranty. Dealer said too bad. Seems like a design defect to me.

"Cedartown Electronics" > wrote in
:

Old July 11th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Cedartown Electronics

Yes mine is still under warranty until the end of the month. The dealer
said that most Explorers have that problem. I was not expecting that part
to be covered.
/Richard