Alfa 166 ICS error

Old May 3rd 06, 12:00 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default Alfa 166 ICS error

My ICS screen displays an "Airconditioning failure please contact service
centre"
on my Alfa 166.
I have had the software updates 3 time in New Zealand at the agents. There
doesn't seem to be faulty but it happens everytime I start the car and
occasionaly when on a long trip. Pressing the "Climate" button returns the
display to normal.

Any one have any ideas? The agents said it was a software bug. But that
sounds like "can't be bothered". I am computer software engineer and I know
how easy these things can be investigated and repaired.

Peter Banks
Wellington, NZ

Old May 7th 06, 12:28 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Thanks for the reply.

I was told it was a software error that caused the error message. Prior to
the update it only happened once every 10 trips. But they seem to have made
it worse with the update as it's every tiem I start the engine now. But as
you say everything works fine. I will try another dealer when I return from
overseas in June.

Peter

oups.com...