Brera on TV next week.

Old April 29th 06, 11:42 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default Brera on TV next week.

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=410

And Vicky driving it....

Graham

Old April 30th 06, 01:29 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

> And Vicky driving it....

Thats a waste !

Get Clarkson in it...speaking of which - when does Top Gear start again?

Old April 30th 06, 08:57 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On 30-4-2006 0:42, Graham wrote:
> http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=410
>
> And Vicky driving it....

quote:
"In the past, handsome Alfas have disappointed in the way they drive,...."

On what model(s) are they referring here?

Arjan
Old April 30th 06, 11:11 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Graham > wrote:

> http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=410
>
> And Vicky driving it....

Having studied one in the flesh in detail yesterday, I have to say it's
a huge disappointment. I certainly wouldn't pay the kind of money being
asked for it.

Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old April 30th 06, 11:11 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:57:12 +0200, Arjan Renting >,
wrote:

>On 30-4-2006 0:42, Graham wrote:
>> http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=410
>>
>> And Vicky driving it....

>quote:
>"In the past, handsome Alfas have disappointed in the way they drive,...."
>
>On what model(s) are they referring here?
>
>Arjan

Don't know because Vicky loved the 156.
Her test drive footage became quite famous.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old April 30th 06, 01:13 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Domestos wrote:
> > And Vicky driving it....

> Thats a waste !

I don't think so.

> Get Clarkson in it...speaking of which - when does Top Gear start again?

Far better wait and see, Vicky liked the 156, and when the 147 arrived
she compared the 147 to other small cars and she preferred the 147. As
for Clarkson, he loves to hear himself talk, and he's not half the
driver he thinks he is. [Just look closely at the clips of his fast car
driving] they must go through loads of takes to get it right. Where as
Vicky has proved she can handle fast cars in her racing career. A
friend of mine spoke to the Brummy guy who used to test the bikes on
Top Gear, when asked what he really thought of Clarkson he replied, "no
one on the show can stand the guy". I suppose thats why Tiff and the
rest left and went to chl.5.
John,UK.

Old April 30th 06, 01:29 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Arjan Renting wrote:
> On 30-4-2006 0:42, Graham wrote:
> > http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=410
> >
> > And Vicky driving it....

> quote:
> "In the past, handsome Alfas have disappointed in the way they drive,...."
>
> On what model(s) are they referring here?
>
> Arjan

Hi Arjan, I think they mean cars such as the 166, the Spider & GTV.
The 166 when tested by Tiff Needell, the cluch was starting to go when
pushed hard.
As for the Spider & GTV, they were reported to be a bit unsure through
rough corners.
And rattles from the inside of the cabin.
John,UK.

Old April 30th 06, 08:05 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

In article .com>,
"John, UK." > wrote:

> Domestos wrote:
> > > And Vicky driving it....

> > Thats a waste !

> I don't think so.
> >
> > Get Clarkson in it...speaking of which - when does Top Gear start again?

> Far better wait and see, Vicky liked the 156, and when the 147 arrived
> she compared the 147 to other small cars and she preferred the 147. As
> for Clarkson, he loves to hear himself talk, and he's not half the
> driver he thinks he is. [Just look closely at the clips of his fast car
> driving] they must go through loads of takes to get it right. Where as
> Vicky has proved she can handle fast cars in her racing career. A
> friend of mine spoke to the Brummy guy who used to test the bikes on
> Top Gear, when asked what he really thought of Clarkson he replied, "no
> one on the show can stand the guy". I suppose thats why Tiff and the
> rest left and went to chl.5.
> John,UK.

Vicky seems to be a very good driver. My favorite review of her's was
when she drove the 156GTA. You could tell that she loved it. She had a
grin on her face from ear to ear the entire drive. Tiff is a far better
driver than Jeremy, IMHO, but Jeremy is more entertaining. I like both
shows, just wish we got more of them here in the US. Right now, we're
watching 5th Gears from three seasons ago and last summer we got
special, 1 hour long re-packagings of recent Top Gears, but they only
ran it for about 12 episodes.

--
George Graves
The health of our society is a direct result of the men
Old April 30th 06, 08:07 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

In article >,
Arjan Renting > wrote:

> On 30-4-2006 0:42, Graham wrote:
> > http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=410
> >
> > And Vicky driving it....

> quote:
> "In the past, handsome Alfas have disappointed in the way they drive,...."

Then the "Bertie" GTV/GTA must've been an exception.

> On what model(s) are they referring here?

Brera

Old May 1st 06, 05:12 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

In article
George Graves > wrote:

> I like both
> shows, just wish we got more of them here in the US. Right now, we're
> watching 5th Gears from three seasons ago and last summer we got
> special, 1 hour long re-packagings of recent Top Gears, but they only
> ran it for about 12 episodes.

Have you seen www.finalgear.com ?? It has links to bittorrent downloads
for pretty much all the UK episodes of Top Gear and Fifth Gear. They are
usually available within a couple of days of the shows airing on UK
telly. If you have a half decent net connection you should go there and
download them to watch on your computer (or iPod video or PSP or
something else).
--
-Take out Ron to reply-
My games blog: http://bloggisgames.blogspot.com

Illegal Immigration, the Non-Issue of the Week?????????????? Expert Humor Ford Mustang 0 March 31st 06 05:17 AM
Illegal Immigration, the Non-Issue of the Week?????????????? Expert Humor Honda 0 March 31st 06 05:16 AM
Fourth week question of Audi Game robin Audi 1 August 17th 05 12:48 PM
Brera [email protected] Alfa Romeo 2 July 2nd 05 10:02 PM
Brera and 159 at Goodwood ninja Alfa Romeo 2 June 28th 05 10:52 AM