what video card

Old March 12th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default what video card

I race nascar 2003.I have a 3 yr. old p4 2.0 xp putor.so it's agp.any advice
on best banr for the buck on video card.is the 7800gt better than 6600 gt
thanks Don

Old March 13th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I just got the 6600gt and am very happy with it...paid about $200

Old March 13th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"tlgtr" > wrote in news:1142212898.986418.86490
@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

> I just got the 6600gt and am very happy with it...paid about $200

one recent comparision listed the 66gt as the Best Buy option.(most speed
for the least amount of $$ spent)
I think, it would be an acceptable short term solution, but if you plan on
continued simming past current sims, then upgrading more to the 6800gt or
the 7800 might be advisiable.
one of the new tracks for rF is Lienz and some users are reporting a much
higher system load than previous tracks. So saving a little money now
might only mean more money spent in the not too distant future.

I always say, never believe the posted recomended levels for any game.
Never save money on CPU purchases(go for as much as you can afford)
and saving money on a video card now only means more expenditures sooner.

dave henrie
Old March 13th 06, 01:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

newegg has an x850xt for 159.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...C-pr1c3grabb3r I
think this is the best bang for the buck right now. You could wait for
prices to drop some more, theres been a lot of new cards released in the
past month..

Old March 13th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Except he'll need a new motherboard for that.

Andi.

Old March 14th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Andi Cole" > wrote in message
> Except he'll need a new motherboard for that.

yep me too..

Old March 15th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Thanks for the replys guys.I ended up buying a ati radeon x 1300 pro for $
169.00 at curcuit city.I have it installed. It came with a y cable 1 had to
go to the power supply.the other end to the card.don't have a clue where the
other plug goes.
thanks Don

Old March 22nd 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Don D" > wrote in message
. ..
> Thanks for the replys guys.I ended up buying a ati radeon x 1300 pro for $
> 169.00 at curcuit city.I have it installed. It came with a y cable 1 had
> to go to the power supply.the other end to the card.don't have a clue
> where the other plug goes.
> thanks Don
> "Don D" > wrote in message
>>I race nascar 2003.I have a 3 yr. old p4 2.0 xp putor.so it's agp.any
>>advice on best banr for the buck on video card.is the 7800gt better than
>>6600 gt
>> thanks Don

I think the x850xt is a faster card by a mile..