rFactor video 1:08.5 lap at Toban GP

Old September 2nd 05, 09:33 AM
Jeff Reid

Default rFactor video 1:08.5 lap at Toban GP

Obviously with a forumla car. Stil slower than the AI's doing low
1:07's at 100% during qualify, but at least you can see the line.

It's a dual view video, top is live cockpit view, bottom is
chase from from exported replay (this is a nice feature, but
like F1C, you don't quite get everything, especially the sounds
in a replay).

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/rfrf1tgp.wmv

Old September 4th 05, 04:45 PM
Jeff Reid

> Obviously with a forumla car. Stil slower than the AI's doing low
> 1:07's at 100% during qualify, but at least you can see the line.

> It's a dual view video, top is live cockpit view, bottom is
> chase from from exported replay (this is a nice feature, but
> like F1C, you don't quite get everything, especially the sounds
> in a replay).

Updated the video, cleaner line and faster, sub 1:07.5 now, link
is still the same:

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/rfrf1tgp.wmv

This was made with all assists on but steering and braking help.
When I'm making videos, I like to abuse the lower gears and use lots
of shifting, for cooler looking videos. My last run with all assists
off (except auto-clutch) was mid 1:09's, but I've seen online players
qualify in the 1:07's with all assists off. I'm still too lazy to
hook up my momo racing wheel, so I'm using my twin joysticks, since
they are always ready to go. (left stick for throttle/brake, right
stick for steer, like an aircraft radio control transmitter [USA
mode 2], or older rc auto transmitter.