rFactor - Multiple installs from one payment?

Old September 2nd 05, 05:20 AM
ymenard

"Praxiteles Democritus" > wrote
> It's not the best interface but after spending a good part of the day
> playing it the interface becomes second nature soon enough.

You see that's not good gUI. It shouldn't take *any* time at all to feel at
ease with an interface. Good interface (ex : NR2003) are good from the
start when you load up a sim. Really why do they all keep some sort of
weird bloatware/animated menus/thingalings/large buttons that make it all
too complicated for nothing. LFS is the opposite.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old September 2nd 05, 07:06 AM
Mitch_A

I sent an email to Tyremedia (sp?) and they confirmed to me that you get 3
activations then you can contact them and they give ya 3 more and so on.
Not that bad at all.

Mitch

ddress_disguised...

Old September 2nd 05, 08:35 AM
Peter

2005-09-02, Mitch_A wrote:
> I sent an email to Tyremedia (sp?) and they confirmed to me that you get 3
> activations then you can contact them and they give ya 3 more and so on.
> Not that bad at all.

Do you have to use up the first ones? If not - start emailing for more
now! :-)

-peter
Old September 2nd 05, 11:56 AM
John Smith

"Peter" > wrote in message
> 2005-09-02, Mitch_A wrote:
>> I sent an email to Tyremedia (sp?) and they confirmed to me that you get
>> 3
>> activations then you can contact them and they give ya 3 more and so on.
>> Not that bad at all.

> Do you have to use up the first ones? If not - start emailing for more
> now! :-)
>
> -peter

What happens when they are gone? If you pay for a product it should be yours
for life, not the life of the company that sells it. I love the demo, but
hate to buy something that might be just a temporary and useless game after
a few years. However after saying this I'm sure something better will come
along, it just sucks knowing that the software could be rendered useless in
a few years..

Old September 2nd 05, 01:48 PM
Peter

2005-09-02, John Smith wrote:

> "Peter" > wrote in message
>>
>> Do you have to use up the first ones? If not - start emailing for more
>> now! :-)
>>

> What happens when they are gone? If you pay for a product it should be yours
> for life, not the life of the company that sells it. I love the demo, but
> hate to buy something that might be just a temporary and useless game after
> a few years. However after saying this I'm sure something better will come
> along, it just sucks knowing that the software could be rendered useless in
> a few years..

I totally agree - software companies have really gone overboard with this,
StarForce, Steam, limited installs. It's almost like they don't want
our business

My call for emailing was to make a point to them - if everyone starts
asking for more they might get the hint :-)

-peter

Old September 2nd 05, 05:00 PM
Mitch_A

No, he specifically said "after you've used up the 3".

Mitch