Beetle stops when braking

Old October 20th 09, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John Stafford[_3_]

Default Beetle stops when braking

My '58 Beetle comes to a complete stop when I apply the brakes. Is that
normal?

When I turn the little knob between the seats, it gets real hot inside.
Is that normal?
Old October 20th 09, 04:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
trey

First question...no. Ive never had one do that.

Second, I dont know, I've never had a heater.

Old October 20th 09, 01:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"John Stafford" > wrote in message
> My '58 Beetle comes to a complete stop when I apply the brakes. Is that
> normal?
>
> When I turn the little knob between the seats, it gets real hot inside.
> Is that normal?

Dear John,

I'm afraid you've got a dud... it seems that only the Coral colored ones do
that, and it is very dangerous... You'll need to get that thing loaded on a
truck as quickly as possible to get it gone before it hurts you... hit me up
by email for the address where it needs to go....Oddly, my bug has been
doing the same as your first problem... it also has this odd tendancy to
make a sweet sounding noise when I turn the key doodad... Putting it into
first gear and taking off with the slim pedal on the right side of the pedal
cluster results in oddly appealing noises, but makes alot of smoke... I'm
not sure that's normal either..

Old October 21st 09, 12:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John Stafford[_3_]

In article >,
"Joey Tribiani" > wrote:

> [...] Putting it into
> first gear and taking off with the slim pedal on the right side of the pedal
> cluster results in oddly appealing noises

Oh no! I don't have a pedal there! Just a little wheel on a stick. It
makes the car go fast, too! That's gotta be another broken thing!

It doesn't stutter or stall, either. I tell ya, it ain't normal.
Old October 21st 09, 12:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John Stafford[_3_]

In article >,
"Trey" > wrote:

> First question...no. Ive never had one do that.

What do you do? Put your foot through the hole in the floor and use your
shoe to stop?
Old October 21st 09, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
cletus

I pull the little lever on the right side of the steering column on my 74
and water magically sqirts all over the windshield without making a sound.
Must be some custom add on by the PO

Old October 21st 09, 03:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

> When I turn the little knob between the seats, it gets real hot inside.
> Is that normal?

You have a good heater in your VW huh? That's definitely NOT normal,
at least in my limited experience.

Chris
Old October 30th 09, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Komet17

Wait...aren't cars SUPPOSED to stop when you brake?

Old October 30th 09, 12:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John Stafford[_3_]

In article >,
"Komet17" > wrote:

> Wait...aren't cars SUPPOSED to stop when you brake?

Oh, sure! Next you are going to claim that VWs aren't supposed to
stutter and stumble when accelerating, and they idle smoothly, have good
heaters, all that urban legend stuff.

Which reminds me, mine not only has heat, but the defroster channel
works. How did I get such a Lemon?
Old October 30th 09, 08:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randy

On Oct 19, 9:48*pm, John Stafford > wrote:

> When I turn the little knob between the seats, it gets real hot inside.
> Is that normal?

I guess it all depends on whose little knob.

Randy

Old Beetle Stalls When Braking thetone VW air cooled 3 October 21st 09 06:38 AM
'74 Super Beetle Engine stops problem solved warlock VW air cooled 1 December 3rd 05 04:08 PM
motor stops when hot gobris Chrysler 1 September 13th 05 12:54 PM
Options for braking system 67 beetle Hal VW air cooled 3 November 28th 04 05:47 AM