009

Old April 7th 05, 11:25 PM
Dennis Wik

Default 009

I noticed California Imports was offering a replacement for the Bosch
009 for about $40. I did not know other manufactures made an 009 clone
for the vwac.

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Old April 8th 05, 01:25 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Dennis Wik" > wrote in message
> I noticed California Imports was offering a replacement for the Bosch
> 009 for about $40. I did not know other manufactures made an 009 clone
> for the vwac.

saw a thread on Thesamba about these distributors...come in a box designed
to LOOK like a real Bosch , but are manufactured in China, and of
questionable quality...but no personal experience from me....plus i just
bought a Mallory Unilite...<G>

Old April 8th 05, 04:03 AM
Remco

Nice puma!

Remco

Old April 8th 05, 03:39 PM
Dennis Wik

thanx

Old April 9th 05, 07:27 PM
geoffers

I love my Mallory Unilite too. Well-built, adjustable, even available
with a vacuum advance mechanism. Plus, it just looks kewl.

Geoffe Elias
'74 Super Beetle

Old April 9th 05, 09:56 PM
Joey Tribiani

"geoffers" > wrote in message
news
> I love my Mallory Unilite too. Well-built, adjustable, even available
> with a vacuum advance mechanism. Plus, it just looks kewl.
>
> Geoffe Elias
> '74 Super Beetle

so far i only love the look of the mallory unilite(with vac advance) because
i have yet to install the grey springs and install it...is the rotor button
on your Mallory really tight on the shaft?

Old April 10th 05, 08:54 AM
geoffers

I remember it being initially very tight on mine as well. Somehow, with a
whole lot of patience, I managed to get it off in order to change out the
springs. I don't remember if I used some sort of tool to help pry it off
the shaft. But please be very careful if you decide to use something
besides your own brute strength.

Geoffe Elias
74 Super Beetle

Old April 10th 05, 02:55 PM
Joey Tribiani

"geoffers" > wrote in message
news
> I remember it being initially very tight on mine as well. Somehow, with a
> whole lot of patience, I managed to get it off in order to change out the
> springs. I don't remember if I used some sort of tool to help pry it off
> the shaft. But please be very careful if you decide to use something
> besides your own brute strength.
>
> Geoffe Elias
> 74 Super Beetle

thanks Geoffe for the reply...i saw no means of mechanical fastening, so i
was assuming(yeah i know) that it was pressed on...have not even thrown the
brute force to it yet...but i will...<G>

Old April 11th 05, 10:10 AM
Bill Spiliotopoulos

Yes, the rotor is firmly pressed. To get it of, catch it with your fingers
from the edges of the black disk, at four locations (eg 12, 3, 6, 9 o'clock)
and pull it out evenly. It will not come off very esily, but you won't have
to use any brute force either.

Bill,
'67 Bug.

Old April 11th 05, 10:47 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Bill Spiliotopoulos" > wrote in message
> Yes, the rotor is firmly pressed. To get it of, catch it with your

fingers
> from the edges of the black disk, at four locations (eg 12, 3, 6, 9

o'clock)
> and pull it out evenly. It will not come off very esily, but you won't

have
> to use any brute force either.

Thanks Bill....still haven't tried it due to me not wanting to break a
brandy new part...heh