97 SW1 Ignition switch ???

Old July 9th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default 97 SW1 Ignition switch ???

97 SW1, 171,000 miles, 275200 kilometers.

The tumbler on the ignition switch has been messed
up for a couple of years now (where you have to fight
it to get the key in the ignition slot).

But just today, I noticed that the alarm bell (ding?)
stays engaged when I remove the key and open the driver's
side front door. I'm guessing that the ignition switch is
now messed up to the point that it thinks it's still got
the key inserted into it, even though the key is removed.

Probably time for a new or used ignition switch module.

Has anyone else had similar problems with their ignition
switch?

Thanks for the help,

SW1

Old July 9th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Lane

> Has anyone else had similar problems with their ignition
> switch?

It is most likely the ignition cylinder, and not the switch (which is behind
it). Google is your friend.

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...&qt_s=S earch

If that URL doesn't work properly by clicking on it, go to groups.google.com
and do an advanced search in group rec.autos.makers.saturn for the words
'ignition cylinder'.

And since I have posted on this issue in the past and don't feel like
re-typing it every time the question comes up:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...f7ed16 21364c

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...2fadb1 9bd8d4

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com

Old July 11th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Thanks Lane. All of this information is extremely helpful.
Thanks again.

Ignition Switch??? Bill_Kenney Mazda 1 September 10th 06 07:56 PM
Ignition Switch 79 SB rene VW air cooled 5 November 4th 05 09:12 PM
rabbit ignition switch to toggle switch [email protected] VW water cooled 2 October 24th 05 03:26 AM
Ignition Switch [email protected] VW air cooled 3 March 5th 05 08:26 PM
Ignition Switch [email protected] VW air cooled 1 February 12th 05 07:32 AM