rFactor, is it just another F1C, GTR clone?

Old September 2nd 05, 08:21 PM
Neil Charlton

Thanks Steve - I'll look into that.

Regards

Old September 2nd 05, 11:27 PM
DJRJR

"ZZ Busch" > wrote in message
> Mitch A spat:
> The AI in GTR was the best Ive seen to date. 95% Psychotic was a great
> battle (better than most online races) and they dont wreck you without at
> least trying to evade like RF.. GTL seems pretty good as well but I cant
> really judge it completely till its out..
>
> RFactors AI on the other hand is a stinking pile from what Ive seen in the
> short time Ive run it....
>
> Whats sad is that Im sitting thinking I should not have cleared my
> schedule
> quite so fast. Whats that say about this game when Id rather work than
> fight the crap AI?
>
> Mitch

How do you crank them up in the demo? I'm having a blast with this demo, but
they are too slow. BTW I'm on advanced already.

Old September 2nd 05, 11:33 PM
Remco Moedt

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:14:16 GMT, "Steve Whitty" >
wrote:

>"John Smith" > wrote in message
>>I mean is this based off of the F1C 99-00, or GTR games. How much better is
>>it than the rest of these clones? Anything new or improved over the rest of
>>isi's sims?
>>

>physics, graphics, net code. all new
>
>hows that sound?

It sounds good....but why oh why didn't they solve the stutter when
someone joins? I've a feeling the only netcode they rewrote was the
matchmaking part, not the actual racingcode. The other thing which
reminds me to the older ISI based games is the
practice/quilify/warmup/race setup.

Granted, you can tick some off if you're hosting, but so far I haven't
seen a way in game to set the amount of practice/qualify/warmup time,
or set the type of qualification. Somehow I've a feeling this part is
just the F1C part, since you're only allowed 12 laps....Maybe it's
different in the dedicated server, I didn't check that one out.

Cheers!

Remco

Old September 3rd 05, 01:53 AM
Dave Henrie

Remco Moedt > wrote in
:

> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:14:16 GMT, "Steve Whitty" >
> wrote:
>

>>"John Smith" > wrote in message
m...
>>>I mean is this based off of the F1C 99-00, or GTR games. How much
>>>better is it than the rest of these clones? Anything new or improved
>>>over the rest of isi's sims?
>>>

>>physics, graphics, net code. all new
>>
>>hows that sound?

> It sounds good....but why oh why didn't they solve the stutter when
> someone joins? I've a feeling the only netcode they rewrote was the
> matchmaking part, not the actual racingcode. The other thing which
> reminds me to the older ISI based games is the
> practice/quilify/warmup/race setup.
>
> Granted, you can tick some off if you're hosting, but so far I haven't
> seen a way in game to set the amount of practice/qualify/warmup time,
> or set the type of qualification. Somehow I've a feeling this part is
> just the F1C part, since you're only allowed 12 laps....Maybe it's
> different in the dedicated server, I didn't check that one out.
>

> Cheers!
>

> Remco

I joined in my first online session this morning before I had to go to
work, it was a small group and the wrong time of day to really test the
'stress' on the server, but with 10 or so AI and the other real guys
leaving and rejoining, I never had a hiccup.
If past experience holds, you should underestimate your connection. I
have Cable with 4000kbs down and 300+ upstream. I chose the 128kbs ISDN
setting. Smooth as silk. But again, not the most stressful test
conditions.

dh
Old September 3rd 05, 03:57 AM
Byron Forbes

"Uwe Schürkamp" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 21:11:33 +0000 (UTC), Neil Charlton wrote:
>> can't comment. The replay system is still hopeless. I still can't believe

> Hey Neil,
>
> what issues are you having with the replay system? You can cut, edit,
> ff, back, set bookmarks, whatever. Doesn't seem that inferior to papy
> titles anymore.

I'm surprised to hear someone that runs Rank say that - how will you
check peoples stuff with these sketchy replays - too the nearest second?

Old September 3rd 05, 04:00 AM
Byron Forbes

"Donj Scurlock" > wrote in message

> I watch replays mostly to study faster drivers laps, my own driving, and
> league incident reviews.
> Unless I've missed something(highly likely) there's no way to know what
> driver your watching, what lap he's on, or what the lap time is.

I couldn't change the view to other cars last I tried. It looks like the
only way to tell who's who is by the number on the car, colours, shapes, etc
LOL.

Old September 3rd 05, 04:26 AM
David G Fisher

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

> "Donj Scurlock" > wrote in message
>>
>> I watch replays mostly to study faster drivers laps, my own driving, and
>> league incident reviews.
>> Unless I've missed something(highly likely) there's no way to know what
>> driver your watching, what lap he's on, or what the lap time is.
>>

> I couldn't change the view to other cars last I tried. It looks like
> the only way to tell who's who is by the number on the car, colours,
> shapes, etc LOL.

Use the + and - keys.

--
David G Fisher

Old September 4th 05, 06:34 AM
David G Fisher

Type ISI_BABYFACTORY in the chat window and hit enter. Do it for each
series, and then you will have enough money to buy and fully upgrade all
cars.

You can do it by editing files, but you'll get a mismatch error if you race
online. Easier to just use the code anyway.

--
David G Fisher