Tucson Show - Rode in The Ford GT

Old March 21st 05, 05:11 PM
Laurie S.

Default Tucson Show - Rode in The Ford GT

I'm still trying to recover from our annual MCA Regional Show today. Long
weekend, lots of fun, light rain most of the day, but also lots of sunshine
in the afternoon. The highlight of the day for me was a five-minute ride in
the Ford GT that our dealer brought out for our show. They had just replaced
the defective front control arms and the driver said they align the tires by
driving it. In my most innocent voice I asked, can I ride along? Well, sure!
Oh, what fun! That car has instant acceleration yet is so quiet even when
the engine is revving. The funny part was that it was raining lightly and
the driver said, gee where's the wiper switch? There are so many different
switches it took him a minute to find it on the right side of the steering
column. I didn't stop grinning for at least an hour after that ride.

Then we parked it right by the front doors of the hotel and I had the fun
task of wiping the car down. I've never cleaned a quarter million dollar car
before. Talk about being very careful.....

--
Laurie S.
Thunder Snake #7

Old March 21st 05, 06:00 PM
Backyard Mechanic

Laurie S. opined in :

> .. In my most innocent
> voice I asked, can I ride along? Well, sure! Oh, what fun! .. I
> didn't stop grinning for at least an hour after that ride.
>
> Then we parked it right by the front doors of the hotel and I had the
> fun task of wiping the car down. I've never cleaned a quarter million
> dollar car before. Talk about being very careful.....

Wonder if you'd gotten that ride if your name was "Jake"...

Old March 21st 05, 08:29 PM
dwight

"Laurie S." > wrote in message
> I'm still trying to recover from our annual MCA Regional Show today. Long
> weekend, lots of fun, light rain most of the day, but also lots of

sunshine
> in the afternoon. The highlight of the day for me was a five-minute ride

in
> the Ford GT that our dealer brought out for our show. They had just

replaced
> the defective front control arms and the driver said they align the tires

by
> driving it. In my most innocent voice I asked, can I ride along? Well,

sure!
> Oh, what fun! That car has instant acceleration yet is so quiet even when
> the engine is revving.

A good pair of Flowmasters will fix that. )

> The funny part was that it was raining lightly and the driver said, gee

where's
> the wiper switch? There are so many different switches it took him a

minute
> to find it on the right side of the steering column. I didn't stop

grinning for at
> least an hour after that ride.

If I remember my flying days, you don't need wipers above 80mph or so...

> Then we parked it right by the front doors of the hotel and I had the fun
> task of wiping the car down. I've never cleaned a quarter million dollar

car
> before. Talk about being very careful.....

Thanks, Laurie. I'm jealous as hell. I paid good money just to LOOK at the
GT at the Philly Auto Show. I'd pay a bit more to wipe it down.

I wonder if Bounty paper towels would be good enough for the GT, or if
they'd insist on something softer...

dwight

Old March 21st 05, 08:40 PM

Laurie S. wrote:

He gets a ride in the new Ford GT....<shaking my head> You SUCK!!!

How much did you say you have to pay to get, and keep, this new job of
yours?

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old March 21st 05, 08:55 PM

Laurie S. wrote:

> They had just replaced
> the defective front control arms and the driver said they align the

tires by
> driving it.

??? I'm wondering what kind of adjustment system would "heal" itself of
an out-of-spec condition by driving it. In your shoes I sure would not
have started that discussion however.

> In my most innocent voice I asked, can I ride along? Well, sure!
> Oh, what fun!

Good for you; the worst that could happen is a "no."

> That car has instant acceleration yet is so quiet even when
> the engine is revving. The funny part was that it was raining lightly

and
> the driver said, gee where's the wiper switch? There are so many

different
> switches it took him a minute to find it on the right side of the

steering
> column. I didn't stop grinning for at least an hour after that ride.

So now it's a Roots blower for Trouble, right?

180 Out
TS 2

Old March 21st 05, 09:25 PM
Laurie S.

"dwight" > wrote in message
> "Laurie S." > wrote in message
>> I'm still trying to recover from our annual MCA Regional Show today. Long
>> weekend, lots of fun, light rain most of the day, but also lots of

> sunshine
>> in the afternoon. The highlight of the day for me was a five-minute ride

> in
>> the Ford GT that our dealer brought out for our show. They had just

> replaced
>> the defective front control arms and the driver said they align the tires

> by
>> driving it. In my most innocent voice I asked, can I ride along? Well,

> sure!
>> Oh, what fun! That car has instant acceleration yet is so quiet even when
>> the engine is revving.

> A good pair of Flowmasters will fix that. )
>
>> The funny part was that it was raining lightly and the driver said, gee

> where's
>> the wiper switch? There are so many different switches it took him a

> minute
>> to find it on the right side of the steering column. I didn't stop

> grinning for at
>> least an hour after that ride.

> If I remember my flying days, you don't need wipers above 80mph or so...
>
>> Then we parked it right by the front doors of the hotel and I had the fun
>> task of wiping the car down. I've never cleaned a quarter million dollar

> car
>> before. Talk about being very careful.....

> Thanks, Laurie. I'm jealous as hell. I paid good money just to LOOK at the
> GT at the Philly Auto Show. I'd pay a bit more to wipe it down.
>
> I wonder if Bounty paper towels would be good enough for the GT, or if
> they'd insist on something softer...
>
> dwight

Actually, I used a California Water Blade and a terry cloth towel. I
figured if it's safe enough for my coupe, it's safe enough for the GT.
My biggest worry was to keep from pushing water into the interior because
the door was open.

--------------
Laurie S.
Thunder Snake #7

Old March 22nd 05, 01:01 AM
dwight

"Laurie S." > wrote in message
> "dwight" > wrote in message
>
>> I wonder if Bounty paper towels would be good enough for the GT, or if
>> they'd insist on something softer...
>>
>> dwight
>>

> Actually, I used a California Water Blade and a terry cloth towel. I
> figured if it's safe enough for my coupe, it's safe enough for the GT.
> My biggest worry was to keep from pushing water into the interior because
> the door was open.

Keys in the ignition?

)

Old March 22nd 05, 02:41 AM
Laurie S.

"dwight" > wrote in message
> "Laurie S." > wrote in message
> > "dwight" > wrote in message
> >
> >> I wonder if Bounty paper towels would be good enough for the GT, or if
> >> they'd insist on something softer...
> >>
> >> dwight
> >>

> > Actually, I used a California Water Blade and a terry cloth towel. I
> > figured if it's safe enough for my coupe, it's safe enough for the GT.

> > My biggest worry was to keep from pushing water into the interior

because
> > the door was open.

> Keys in the ignition?
>
> )

No, but he did give me the keys to the 2005 Mustang GT they also brought
down. Problem is that I didn't have time to go play with it.

Laurie S.
Thunder Snake #7