Help Please: "Check Engine" signal lit up!

Old October 13th 04, 02:32 AM
Jason

Default Help Please: "Check Engine" signal lit up!

Hi!

Just wanted some tip on my Honda Civic. I got a Civic Hatchback 98 DX, this
morning the "Check Engine" light came on and afterwards their was a bad
smell of 'eggs' that came from the vents.... Does anyone have any ideas on
the problem(s)??

Thanks,

Jason

Old October 13th 04, 03:33 AM
John Ings

http://www3.telus.net/public/johnings/faq.html#retrieve

Old October 13th 04, 03:45 AM
Jason

Thanks for the link!

Someone told me that it could be a faulty catalytic converter (sp?) or the
battery? I dread going to the garage!

Jason

Old October 13th 04, 07:59 AM
SoCalMike

Jason wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Just wanted some tip on my Honda Civic. I got a Civic Hatchback 98 DX, this
> morning the "Check Engine" light came on and afterwards their was a bad
> smell of 'eggs' that came from the vents.... Does anyone have any ideas on
> the problem(s)??

with a $99 code scanner and a helm manual you can diagnose just about
anything.
Old October 15th 04, 01:01 AM
maroonhonda

probably oxygen sensor

Old October 16th 04, 07:30 PM
SoCalMike

KWW wrote:

> Or go to a place like Auto Zone (parts place) where they will hook up a
> scanner for free and let you read the codes... then sell you the parts to
> fix it (they hope).

my local autozone said "they dont do that any more", and tried to sell
me a scanner for $150.

i went to pep boys and bought the same one for $99.