windshield washer

Old December 8th 05, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default windshield washer

i have a 2000 xls 4.0l ohv my windshield washer in the front does not work
the rear washer does work i have changed the pump but the front still
does
not work both front and rear works off the same pump i also changed the
multi function switch for other reasons but still no washer in the front
if you push the button about 30 time it will work once or twice but thats
it any clues on the cause of this problem would be great because we have
been geting alot of snow so all that dam salt gets all over the window
with no way af washing it

Old December 8th 05, 11:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Maybe a clog in the spray tip, a disconnected tube somewhere. Are you aure
they use the same pump? Mine has a pump in the tank for the rear window, the
rear tank is of course in the rear. How many tanks do you have? Are you
positve that when you open your rear door there is NO tank fill?

Searcher

Old December 9th 05, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

yup positive the one pump does both windows and nope no cloged line i can
blow right thought the line when i push the button for the rear window i
can hear the pump going but nothing when i push the button for the front
window o yea i can see the fluid on the rear window too

Old December 9th 05, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

There could be one of several concerns.... the same pump does supply both
washer systems. It rotates one direction to supply the front jest and the
opposite direction to supply the rear jet.

While it may be very likely that the front jets or hoses are restricted, you
should also check fuse #12 in the central junction box (the instrumant panel
fuse box). The concern could also be with the front washer relay or the
GEM...... FWIW, the GEM controls front washer operation but not rear washer
operation.

HTH

lkaboutautos.com...

Old December 9th 05, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

fuse 12 is good do you know where the front relay is located and like i
said before i can get it to work sometimes when the planets are lined up
just right i realy hope its not the gem

Old December 9th 05, 06:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Located in auxilliary relay box #1... unfortunately, neither the EV/TM nor
the WSM shows the location..... looking at associated relays and connectors,
I'm thinking this box is located near the BJB (underhood fuse box). I'm
nearing the end of my usefulness.... I'm mostly SuperDuty diesels so I can't
give too much in the way of specifics from here.....

I drifted into this NG way back when I had a 92 Ex..... the car is long gone
and I haven't had the good sense to just go away.....

lkaboutautos.com...

Old December 9th 05, 06:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Jim, PLEASE don't go away <G>...

Dave

--
Diving is life! The rest is just details.
W.W.W.I.

Old December 9th 05, 08:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

YES JIM DON"T GO AWAY...

Your knowledge is just too helpful to us here.

Searcher1

Old December 11th 05, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

"Searcher1" > wrote in message
> YES JIM DON"T GO AWAY...
>
> Your knowledge is just too helpful to us here.
>
> Searcher1

*ditto*

Al in Poughkeepsie