And Speaking Of Cool Television Shows...

Old December 3rd 04, 04:11 AM
Patrick

Default And Speaking Of Cool Television Shows...

Has anyone caught this show about trucks... I think it was on the
History channel or the Travel channel. In a segment of the show it
shows these guys hopping-up and racing big rigs. You know, tractor
trailers... semis. Anyways, these guys take the trucks' stock diesel
motors and with the help of turbos/intercoolers get these things to
belt out about 2,000 horsepower. The really amazing thing is, in less
than ideal conditions, one of these guys gets his semi to run
something like a 13.3 at 105 mph!!! Could you imagine getting smoked
at a stop light by a big rig? Talk about humiliation!

Anyone else seen this show?

Patrick
'93 Cobra
'83 LTD
Old December 3rd 04, 04:12 AM

*cougH* couch potato *cougH*

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

m...

Old December 3rd 04, 06:13 AM
Jafo

"Patrick" > wrote in message
m...
> Has anyone caught this show about trucks... I think it was on the
> History channel or the Travel channel. In a segment of the show it
> shows these guys hopping-up and racing big rigs. You know, tractor
> trailers... semis. Anyways, these guys take the trucks' stock diesel
> motors and with the help of turbos/intercoolers get these things to
> belt out about 2,000 horsepower. The really amazing thing is, in less
> than ideal conditions, one of these guys gets his semi to run
> something like a 13.3 at 105 mph!!! Could you imagine getting smoked
> at a stop light by a big rig? Talk about humiliation!
>
> Anyone else seen this show?
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra
> '83 LTD

There's a large following in Europe for these rigs.. there was a series on
SpeedChannel this summer..
damn things running on road courses and round d'rouns.
--
Jafo
'02 GT Black

Old December 3rd 04, 06:38 AM
Garth Almgren

Around 12/2/2004 10:13 PM, Jafo wrote:

> There's a large following in Europe for these rigs.. there was a series on
> SpeedChannel this summer..
> damn things running on road courses and round d'rouns.

That's the one!

--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |
Old December 4th 04, 02:35 AM
Patrick

> wrote in message . com>...

> *cougH* couch potato *cougH*

Mike,

I know you're just teasing me, but really nothing could be further
from the truth. I may watch three to four hours of TV per week,
maybe. I'll catch the news while I eat lunch, maybe an HG TV program
on the weekend (I like Curb Appeal), a good boxing match on PPV when
they happen, and when...more like if... the Speed Channel ever shows
anything decent. These two shows I posted about were ones my wife
happened to catch (in the last two weeks) when she was flipping
channels and she told me they were on. (I took some notes and posted
them last night.)

My week is work, school, doing school work or home projects, or
working out in the gym. The next couple weeks I'll be preparing for a
1.5 mile run. Gotta beat my last year's time of 10 flat! Which I
should be able to do considering this year I ran 4.4 mile run in 31
minutes and a half marathon (13 miles) in 1 hour and 48 minutes.

Patrick
'93 Cobra
'83 LTD

Old December 4th 04, 05:16 AM

Oh hell Patrick I know you're a hard worker! That's *why* I was teasin' ya!
I rarely ever get a chance to watch tv too... mostly just trying to fall
asleep (which isn't hard after working 14+ hours/day). Past few days though
I've actually had time to work on my car...

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake
FRPP 3.73 gears
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
Hi-speed fan switch
255/60R-15 rear tires
Subframe connectors

"Patrick" > wrote in message