OME 2.5 inch lift and 32 inch tires

Old August 28th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
nrs

Default OME 2.5 inch lift and 32 inch tires

Anybody running 32 inch tires with an OME 2.5 inch lift? Any rubbing
issues?

Thanks,
Neale

Old August 28th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
nrs

On Aug 28, 12:05 pm, nrs > wrote:
> Anybody running 32 inch tires with an OME 2.5 inch lift? Any rubbing
> issues?
>
> Thanks,
> Neale

Forgot to say this is on a YJ.

Thanks

Old August 29th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
paul

93 YJ OME 2.5" and 33 x 9.5 BFG's
Rubs on tight turns ( I haven't bothered with adjusting the steering stop -
if it rubs in a turn I back off a little).

No other issues, I don't baja with it, and I don't have anything too heavy
on it (yet) other than a custom rear tire carrier and bumper. If you have a
winch on front, roof rack, etc. the extra weight will make the OME
'suspension system' ride a little lower than 2.5".

I had 31's on prior to the 33's and had thesame rub in the turn.

good luck
paul

ups.com...

Old August 30th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
nrs

On Aug 29, 5:57 pm, "paul" > wrote:
> 93 YJ OME 2.5" and 33 x 9.5 BFG's
> Rubs on tight turns ( I haven't bothered with adjusting the steering stop -
> if it rubs in a turn I back off a little).
>
> No other issues, I don't baja with it, and I don't have anything too heavy
> on it (yet) other than a custom rear tire carrier and bumper. If you have a
> winch on front, roof rack, etc. the extra weight will make the OME
> 'suspension system' ride a little lower than 2.5".
>
> I had 31's on prior to the 33's and had thesame rub in the turn.
>
> good luck
> paul
>
> "nrs" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > On Aug 28, 12:05 pm, nrs > wrote:
> >> Anybody running 32 inch tires with an OME 2.5 inch lift? Any rubbing
> >> issues?

> >> Thanks,
> >> Neale

> > Forgot to say this is on a YJ.

> > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Sounds encouraging, thanks for the reply. My '95 has rims with less
backspacing than stock so I doubt it will rub on turns, I was mainly
concerned about rubbing due to articulation.

3 inch lift for '98 XJ - advice, please 98XJ Jeep 4 January 23rd 07 03:39 AM
2-1/2 inch OME lift and 31s on an XJ? Stephen Gibbs Jeep 1 June 28th 05 03:18 AM
slight vibration after 2 inch lift John Jeep 7 April 23rd 05 12:58 PM
adding inches to 4 inch lift Troy Jeep 9 January 30th 05 02:28 AM
2 INCH BODY LIFT ENGINEERS CERT??? Warren and Beth 4x4 4 June 11th 04 06:52 AM