follow up on that leaky top issue.

Old August 10th 10, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Domagoj Bagaric[_2_]

Default follow up on that leaky top issue.

so remember how I had that leaky (rip in the vinyl) top issue. well I've
just plastered some duct tape (black) and it worked. kinda. than in
version 2.0 I've used smaller piece of duct tape. much better. than last
night some punk did this: http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6254/krov.jpg

no more leaking issues. I've borrowed friends hardtop, drilled some
holes for that "latch" thinigies. happy camper.

Oh, punk stole my cd players "mask" (removable thing, the unit is still
inside. dunno whats it called in english), hands free thingie, phone
charger, 0.50 cents in croatian kuna, some old bootleg cds.

grand total of 10$US.

new top? dunno...
Old August 10th 10, 07:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

On 2010-08-10, Domagoj Bagaric > wrote:

> so remember how I had that leaky (rip in the vinyl) top issue. well I've
> just plastered some duct tape (black) and it worked. kinda. than in
> version 2.0 I've used smaller piece of duct tape. much better. than last
> night some punk did this: http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6254/krov.jpg

Were the doors locked?

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Why are these athletic
at shoe salesmen following
Old August 10th 10, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Domagoj Bagaric > wrote:

> than last night some punk did this:
> http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6254/krov.jpg

That sure makes it easier to find the leak! Sorry, hope they catch the
jerk who did that....

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old August 11th 10, 09:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Domagoj Bagaric[_2_]

On 10.8.2010. 20:07, Grant Edwards wrote:

> Were the doors locked?

yup.

Old August 11th 10, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

On 2010-08-11, Domagoj Bagaric > wrote:
> On 10.8.2010. 20:07, Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>> Were the doors locked?

> yup.

I've always thought that locking the doors on a convertable is A Bad
Idea(tm).

Anybody with a pocket-knife (or even a pointy stick) can get into a
convertible if they want to. Locking the doors is just forcing them
to do so in a manner that's going to cost the car's owner $600-$800.

My practice is: don't leave anything worth stealing in the car and
never lock the doors. That said, sometimes roofs get slashed anyway
(mine did once -- the doors weren't locked and there was nothing
stolen).

The one time somebody did want to steal from my car, they got a got
their handfull of change and a few CDs, but the top was unharmed.

AFAICT nobody steals car stereos anymore (at least here in the US),
and for various reasons nobody steals Miatas either.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Are we on STRIKE yet?
at
Old August 11th 10, 04:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Domagoj Bagaric[_2_]

On 11.8.2010. 16:21, Grant Edwards wrote:

> I've always thought that locking the doors on a convertable is A Bad
> Idea(tm).

It just doesn't feel right to leave the car unlocked

there is a saying, something like: opportunity made the thief

> AFAICT nobody steals car stereos anymore (at least here in the US),
> and for various reasons nobody steals Miatas either.

punk didn't steal the whole unit, just that "removable" front mask
(control unit, dunno what's it called)

Old August 11th 10, 07:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
T.J. Higgins

In article >, Domagoj Bagaric wrote:
>punk didn't steal the whole unit, just that "removable" front mask
>(control unit, dunno what's it called)

Faceplate.

--
TJH

tjhiggin.at.hiwaay.dot.net
Old August 11th 10, 09:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BK

I guess you'd have to tell the insurance company that it WAS locked in order
to collect anything, right?

Old August 11th 10, 11:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
Domagoj Bagaric > wrote:

> It just doesn't feel right to leave the car unlocked

Regardless, it's foolish to lock a convertible. Make it easy for them to
see there's nothing of value inside. Junkies and other professional
thieves won't waste time on an empty car.

There's not much you can do about vandals, alas, unless you have a
silent alarm so you can catch them in the act and let them know
personally how disappointed you are at their behavior. Perhaps with the
help of a baseball bat.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old August 11th 10, 11:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

On 2010-08-11, BK > wrote:

> I guess you'd have to tell the insurance company that it WAS locked
> in order to collect anything, right?

Why?

When my top was slashed they paid the claim without asking whether the
doors were locked or not.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I put aside my copy
at of "BOWLING WORLD" and

Leaky roof Rick Hunter BMW 1 June 16th 07 03:51 PM
leaky something on a 95 wrangler j[_6_] Jeep 0 June 5th 07 04:15 PM
Leaky A/C [email protected] Technology 13 April 24th 06 10:43 PM
Leaky Passat AndyB03 VW water cooled 4 April 6th 06 06:39 AM
New Top Concern/Issue Pat Dreiding Mazda 2 September 25th 04 02:59 PM