Next MX-5 Uncovered

Old August 5th 10, 07:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

Default Next MX-5 Uncovered

pictu
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ma...uncovered.aspx
brief article:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/251503/
Old August 5th 10, 01:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

On 8/5/2010 1:11 AM, Christopher Muto wrote:
> pictu
> http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ma...uncovered.aspx
>
> brief article:
> http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/251503/

That is some good talk by Mazda, I wonder if they can stick to the plan.
A maximum weight of 1000 kg sounds excellent.

Pat
Old August 5th 10, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

On 2010-08-05, Christopher Muto > wrote:

> pictu
> http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ma...uncovered.aspx
> brief article:
> http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/251503/

I'm glad to see they've stuck with their basic design philosphies:

1) Hideosly ugly front-end.

2) Overly busy design details that look like they were collected
from random people in the lunchroom.

3) Huge ugly wheels.

WTH is a "design language"?

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Everybody gets free
at BORSCHT!
Old August 5th 10, 04:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BK

I thought they were going to lose the clown mouth?

Old August 5th 10, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
Christopher Muto > wrote:

> pictu
> http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ma...overed/251503/
> pictures/next-mazda-mx-5-uncovered.aspx

Think Mazda will be surprised when they don't sell ANY due to the clown
mouth?

Thank the gods I have an NA.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old August 5th 10, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
Grant Edwards > wrote:

> WTH is a "design language"?

By the available evidence, I deduce it's what's left when you've run out
of good ideas.

Will there be room for clown shoes in the footwells?

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old August 5th 10, 09:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
barry

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 13:38:39 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive...agare-concept/

Old August 5th 10, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards[_3_]

On 2010-08-05, barry > wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 13:38:39 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards
> wrote:
>
>>On 2010-08-05, Christopher Muto > wrote:
>>
>>> pictu
>>> http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ma...uncovered.aspx
>>> brief article:
>>> http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/251503/

>>I'm glad to see they've stuck with their basic design philosphies:
>>
>> 1) Hideosly ugly front-end.
>>
>> 2) Overly busy design details that look like they were collected
>> from random people in the lunchroom.
>>
>> 3) Huge ugly wheels.
>>
>>WTH is a "design language"?

> http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive...agare-concept/

Ouch. That was a painful read.

Here's a good description of what a "design language" is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_language

I guess in means that Mazda is committed too beating all their models
with the same ugly stick.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Hello, GORRY-O!!
at I'm a GENIUS from HARVARD!!
Old August 6th 10, 01:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"barry" > wrote in message >> 1) Hideosly ugly
front-end.

>> 2) Overly busy design details that look like they were collected
>> from random people in the lunchroom.
>>
>> 3) Huge ugly wheels.
>>
>>WTH is a "design language"?

> http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive...agare-concept/
>
>Thanks for the reminder Barry! I have been quite impressed by some of
>Mazda's concept vehicles but, probably LEAST of all this one! I agree with
>Lanny, somebody's run out of ideas ;-) Actually, I don't think they have I
>just think they've taken a very wrong turn with this concept like, maybe
>Chris Bangle WAS right after all!

Naaaaaaaaah!

Come on Mazda, light / clean / simple / beautiful / purposeful and quit
playing marketing games!

Chris
99BBB

Old August 6th 10, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

On 8/5/2010 2:11 AM, Christopher Muto wrote:
> pictu
> http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ma...uncovered.aspx
>
> brief article:
> http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/251503/

It seems to have enough "character lines" to remove any hint of character.
Did all of the designers of the original die or were then simply given the
boot?