another JR CAI bites the dust

Old August 28th 04, 01:46 AM
pws

Default another JR CAI bites the dust

A friend of mine had the notorious black box on their Jackson Racing
Cold Air Induction self-destruct. I don't have all of the details yet,
just that the pieces took out the MAF sensor as well. Since this miata
owner does not have the original intake plumbing, the repair cost is
getting up there. Of course, we can always order a new plastic box from
JR for $100.00, but I wouldn't leave the JR system in the car, in fact,
I am taking my own JR CAI out of my car very soon. (luckily, I kept my
original intake parts).
As fun as it is to re-glue the cracks in the box each time I service the
filter, I don't have time to take the whole thing apart to fix the
cracks down low that can't be seen once it is installed. If anyone is
looking for a used JR CAI with a heavily patched air filter box, it will
be on Ebay soon. The proceeds will go toward the purchase of the Randall
intake duct.

Pat
'96M