Kind of sad how people act.

Old August 21st 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

Default Kind of sad how people act.

I just got back from the Pedmont show in Greensboro NC and kelly brown(
met wiz )was showing his dumb a$$ about 2 min after I was there.
The way he acts you can tell he suffers from a self-esteem problem.
So how does it go down , Kathy Jacobes (sorry you had to get in the
middle) tells me to behave, when I was just there to have a good time.
as a result when I was tring to buy parts from a new parts veneder, he
said something about me getting in to a "confertation" with her. I was
get a few things to finish on a 70 ghia vert I'm finishing. If he
wasn't acting that way I would have like to ask him if the 15 window he
was towing was going to be restored or a parts bus.
I still had a good time, to bad everyone couldn't.

Mario
Vintage Werks resto

Old August 21st 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
MarshallE

My son and I were there and had a great time.
We found everyone very helpful.
oups.com...

Old August 21st 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
vgonman

I was not at this show.

But, Mario, could be you are a little touchy! Kelly has worked on a
few of my VW's, and has always beed as hospitable and kind as he can
be. But then again, I am not a competiotor of his, like you are, so no
telling what sort of exchange might have occured between you two,
especially if one or the other made comments about the others craft.

Could be the tow of you were like two surgeons commenting on the scar
after an operation.....

Kelly may not do West Coast Classics quality work, but is pretty
thorough, and IMHO is as honest as there is. A throw back to what NC
natives were when i was growing up......

Unfortunately, most of us (and I have never met you, Mario) have read
about the saga with John Connoly and have, unfortunately, formed our
own opinions.......

Old August 21st 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Tim Rogers

"Neil" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Still at it after all these years, huh Mario?
>
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=189689
>
> dumb****.

......Thanks for that link Neil. Best read I've had in awhile. Now I know why
mario spends so much time here at RAMVA. You guys at thesamba are just
sooooo.... brutal. I like that!

Old August 21st 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

Tim Rogers wrote:
> "Neil" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Still at it after all these years, huh Mario?
> >
> > http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=189689
> >
> > dumb****.
> >

> .....Thanks for that link Neil. Best read I've had in awhile. Now I know why
> mario spends so much time here at RAMVA. You guys at thesamba are just
> sooooo.... brutal. I like that!

No I just like the laughs

Mario
Vintage Werks resto

Has anyone seen john c lately don't see him talking his **** any more
any one wonder why?

Old August 22nd 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Remco[_1_]

wrote:
> I just got back from the Pedmont show in Greensboro NC and kelly brown(
> met wiz )was showing his dumb a$$ about 2 min after I was there.
> The way he acts you can tell he suffers from a self-esteem problem.
> So how does it go down , Kathy Jacobes (sorry you had to get in the
> middle) tells me to behave, when I was just there to have a good time.
> as a result when I was tring to buy parts from a new parts veneder, he
> said something about me getting in to a "confertation" with her. I was
> get a few things to finish on a 70 ghia vert I'm finishing. If he
> wasn't acting that way I would have like to ask him if the 15 window he
> was towing was going to be restored or a parts bus.
> I still had a good time, to bad everyone couldn't.
>

> Mario
> Vintage Werks resto

I donno, Mario..

When this stuff came up in the past here I would give you the BOD
because I wasn't personally involved. You are helpful here and seem
like an alright guy but I don't know you. I have dealt with some of the
people that you seem to have animosity towards.
So it is hard not to take sides, but I've tried not to as things
sometimes go bad between good people, etc.

What I don't get is why you're starting something here and on theSamba.
It does make me wonder if there's something to all this ruckus..

Remco

Old August 22nd 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Neil

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Tim Rogers wrote:
>> "Neil" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> > Still at it after all these years, huh Mario?
>> >
>> > http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=189689
>> >
>> > dumb****.
>> >

>> .....Thanks for that link Neil. Best read I've had in awhile. Now I know
>> why
>> mario spends so much time here at RAMVA. You guys at thesamba are just
>> sooooo.... brutal. I like that!

> No I just like the laughs
>
> Mario
> Vintage Werks resto
>
> Has anyone seen john c lately don't see him talking his **** any more
> any one wonder why?

It's probably because he actually has a very successful business that takes
up most of his time. He posts on TheSamba quite often.

He doesn't have to keep telling everyone he's successful and brag everytime
he gets a new customer.

Old August 22nd 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

> It's probably because he actually has a very successful business that takes
> up most of his time. He posts on TheSamba quite often.
>
> He doesn't have to keep telling everyone he's successful and brag everytime
> he gets a new customer.\

I'ts not to brag its only to show that all the crap that has been
written about me is just that .

I've been asked many times to give my side of the story and I've tried
but as I knew it would fall on deaf ears.

So i'm going along with the saying "the best reveange is living well"
I'm doing just that.

Part of what I thought all this online community was to help out and to
let people know and see how things are with VW's.

I'm up to near 30 restorations and hundreds of vw's repaired and put
back on the road but all people seem to care about and judge me by is
one dissatisfied customer 6 years ago.

Mario
Vintage Werks Resto

Old August 22nd 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dennis Wik

That one dissatisfied customer from 6 years ago is well respected and
his word has been solid in the world of VW's and this group. Quit
whining about how the world treats you and how sad it is.

not a bone in her jelly bag IBen Getiner likes it in the ass Driving 0 August 11th 06 03:45 AM
Speed limit vigilante sent to jail John F. Carr Driving 366 July 25th 06 05:12 AM
GTR and Starforce Engineer Simulators 87 January 17th 06 07:51 PM
Yet another DUH! Ted B. Driving 60 July 22nd 05 04:47 PM