How did they take my accord?

Old March 15th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default How did they take my accord?

I have/had a 2002 Accord that was stolen. When it was taken, the car
was locked, with the alarm set. Granted, it was the factory alarm. My

question -- how did they do that? I thought the accord has some sort
of chip in the key that was supposed to help prevent (not always
prevent, I realize) theft. Any ideas?
There was no glass, so I'm guessing the got in the car w/ a slim-jim or

something and somehow got the car started, in spite of the alarm going
off. It was in a
parking lot, but I know that most people ignore car alarms........

Old March 15th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Was the parking brake set? They could very easily have towed it. If parking
brake not set just pick up the front, if set just yank on a flatbed. If
someone wants to steal your car they will...

oups.com...

Old March 15th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

No, parking brake was not set. The police did find the car, and when
they did, the brake was set and the doors locked. Apparently, the
locks all appeared fine. (?)

Old March 15th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Woody" > wrote in message
> Was the parking brake set? They could very easily have towed it. If
> parking brake not set just pick up the front, if set just yank on a
> flatbed. If someone wants to steal your car they will...

if I'm not mistaken... even if the parking brake WAS set, couldn't they just
tow from the back of the car? (parking brake only locks the rear wheels,
correct?) my 06 accord got towed 2 weeks ago, could this harm my car at all?

-Nick

Old March 16th 06, 08:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Dr Nick wrote:
> "Woody" > wrote in message
>
>>Was the parking brake set? They could very easily have towed it. If
>>parking brake not set just pick up the front, if set just yank on a
>>flatbed. If someone wants to steal your car they will...
>>

> if I'm not mistaken... even if the parking brake WAS set, couldn't they just
> tow from the back of the car? (parking brake only locks the rear wheels,
> correct?) my 06 accord got towed 2 weeks ago, could this harm my car at all?

They probably used dollies, an extra set of wheels they put under your
wheels opposite the end they tow from...

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0611-0, 03/14/2006
Tested on: 3/16/2006 12:26:54 AM

Old March 17th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Actually what pros do now is move your car to a quiet area and leave it
there for several days in case it has a GPS security system. They don't
want someone to find it as they take it apart.

oups.com...