Import owners are to blame for the recession

Old December 7th 08, 08:18 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Import owners are to blame for the recession

On Dec 7, 2:08*pm, "Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2@lycos/com> wrote:
> DUH! *Ford make vehicles in Brazil that are for dale in Brazil, not for
> export. * Other manufactures do the same, dummy

Duh! Watch the video, sparky.

http://info.detnews.com/video/index.cfm?id=1189
Old December 7th 08, 08:20 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda

On Dec 7, 2:06*pm, "Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2@lycos/com> wrote:
> Go to an old car show and try to find any old Jap cars
>
> "Marko" > wrote in message
>
> s.com...

> >> How about the big three start making an appealing product that I can
> >> afford, then I'll consider it.

> >> By appealing, I mean something more reliable, durable, and in the same
> >> ballpark of fun to drive as my 20 year old 944 for less than $20K. Can't
> >> do it? *I won't buy. *(when was the last time you saw a 20 year old Big
> >> Three product on the road?)

> >> nate

> >> --
> >> replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
> >>http://members.cox.net/njnagel

> > I was thinking about the age of cars the other day and decided to count
> > them and on average I did find that most of the older cars did in fact
> > seem to be American made. Just go to a store parking lot and average them
> > out.

"Jap cars"???? For someone who claims to be a minority you sure are
racially insulting.

Stop top-posting.
Old December 7th 08, 08:20 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Marko

On Dec 7, 1:07 pm, jim beam > wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 10:01:25 -0800, buydomestic wrote:
> > If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
> > and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
> > manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United
> > States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the
> > import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
> > engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
> > that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy
> > from the Big Three and take our economy back.

> idiot. "big three" are spending all their resources on ways to have their
> stuff made in china and mexico. why should we support that?
>
> japanese manufacturers make their stuff in the good old usa, with usa
> components and usa workers. buy japanese instead.

Amen! And don't forget Ford's manufacturing plant in Brazil.

This is not about Brazil, its about America. Are from Brazil?

Old December 7th 08, 08:24 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
JoeSpareBedroom[_2_]

> wrote in message
On Dec 7, 2:08 pm, "Mike Hunter" <mikehunt2@lycos/com> wrote:
> DUH! Ford make vehicles in Brazil that are for dale in Brazil, not for
> export. Other manufactures do the same, dummy

Duh! Watch the video, sparky.

http://info.detnews.com/video/index.cfm?id=1189

==================

Hunter's too busy with his career:
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Li...h-liqour/2584/

Old December 7th 08, 08:26 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Marko

> So... start listing what cars are imports and what aren't... Once you have
> that going, let's start figuring out what portion of what cars is produced
> domestically and what is offshore.... How about that wiring harness that
> says "Hecho en Brasil".... or the box that says "package made in USA" (no
> indication of where the contents were made).
>
> Of interesting note... All of my vehicles are "imports"... read on,
> cretin.... My 2005 Mustang was built in Flat Rock.... well, most of it
> was.... Most of my truck was made in Kansas City... Most of my motorcycle
> was made in Milwaukee.. All of my holiday trailer was made somewhere in
> the US (not in Canada) and the quality is.......... what Pacific Rim used
> to be in the 50s.... Give me a break... Two year olds are up to this kind
> of quality.
>
> You have no idea what is American and what isn't....
>
> One thing I do admire, though.... you really want a steak... but cattle
> ranchers **** you off so you are going to eat lamb.... yes, dammit...
> without mint jelly....

Cut the BS. GM Ford and Chrysler have been sanction right here in America
for almost 100 years. So just stop the BS double talk.

Old December 7th 08, 08:30 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Marko

"Bentracer and Bentrider" > wrote in message
On Dec 7, 12:01 pm, wrote:
> If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
> and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
> manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United
> States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the
> import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
> engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
> that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy
> from the Big Three and take our economy back.

i would not mind buying american cars again only if they can produce
quality like Honda and Toyota
until they can they and their UNIONS can go and $$$$ themselfs.
they still have not learned from their own mistakes, they just keep
producing the same old ****.

You mean the quality like my Moms old Toyota, so many problems even before
reacing 80k miles. Ended up selling it to the mechanic. Fit and finish wise
it was no different from any other car of the day. This being the late 80s.

Old December 7th 08, 08:31 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
AJL

wrote:

>If all Americans bought American cars

My Chevy Suburban was made in Mexico. My Honda was made in the USA.
Both have parts made all over the world. What exactly is an American
car?
Old December 7th 08, 08:41 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Marko

"Cathy F." > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
>> If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
>> and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
>> manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United
>> States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the
>> import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
>> engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
>> that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy
>> from the Big Three and take our economy back.

> I say we buy what is the best, most economical, most intelligent buy. The
> American automakers have screwed up time & again; they've become mired in
> their own mud. Problem is... the mud's splattering.
>
> Cathy (aat)

On average Japanese cars cost more. If you remove the name plates from most
cars and just drive them most would be satisfied. Its just that so many
people take hype as gospel. I know one person who says she doesnt like to
even be seen in an American car, why I asked her, she gave a basic response
that they were junk. I asked her what she owned, oh but she never owned a
car at all, she was 19 or 20 or so. I asked what her parents had, she said
they have alway had toyotas, nissans or whatever, never American. So there
you go... the epitamy of ignorance abounds. I hope you are not caught up in
it. Its like rap music, the most F'ed up music ever, with no talent
performers spewing filthy lyrics with no melody and a violent beat, yet a
generation of people know it really sucks but they listen just to be
considered cool. Then they actually start to beleieve its good. Weak minds
make weak souls.

Old December 7th 08, 08:44 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
JoeSpareBedroom[_2_]

"Marko" > wrote in message
s.com...

> "Cathy F." > wrote in message
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>> If all Americans bought American cars, the US economy would be rockin
>>> and rollin right now. Don't give me that stuff about Toyota and Honda
>>> manufacturing over here either. GM employs 130,000 in the United
>>> States. Toyota employs 30,000, Honda less than that. Most of the
>>> import jobs are just blue collar jobs also, where GM has over 50,000
>>> engineers. The Japanese automakers have brainwashed us into thinking
>>> that buying their car is an investment in this country. I say we buy
>>> from the Big Three and take our economy back.

>> I say we buy what is the best, most economical, most intelligent buy.
>> The American automakers have screwed up time & again; they've become
>> mired in their own mud. Problem is... the mud's splattering.
>>
>> Cathy (aat)
>>

> On average Japanese cars cost more.

Cost more to buy? Cost more to maintain?

I've had two American cars which threatened to cost me my job because my
boss got tired of the excuses for me being late or absent. Maybe that cost
should be factored in.

Old December 7th 08, 08:44 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford

BS doubletalk.... is that like all the parts that have labels saying they
were made somewhere else? Or is that BS doubletalk like in "forget thefacts,
we're great simply because we're great"...

Rhetoric is useless... you really need to consider what you say...

Would you consider me to be patriotic if I bought a Fusion?

s.com...