MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis??

Old June 30th 07, 07:31 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
jim beam

Default MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis??

BobG wrote:
>> I'd also like to know more about what types of accidents were involved,
>> especially for pickups. My guess would be rollovers.

> ====================================
> There was a campaign in the US to get get the good ol boys in pickup
> trucks to use their seatbelts. Maybe they thought their personal
> liberty was being encroached on by the intrusive governmant
> regulations, but they were dying in disproportionate numbers by flying
> out during crashes.

so let them. natural selection.
Old June 30th 07, 07:53 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Bill Ward[_2_]

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 10:45:45 -0700, BobG wrote:

>> I'd also like to know more about what types of accidents were involved,
>> especially for pickups. My guess would be rollovers.

> ====================================
> There was a campaign in the US to get get the good ol boys in pickup
> trucks to use their seatbelts. Maybe they thought their personal liberty
> was being encroached on by the intrusive governmant regulations, but they
> were dying in disproportionate numbers by flying out during crashes.

Evolution in action.

Old June 30th 07, 08:51 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Wickeddoll®[_2_]

"Bill Ward"
, BobG wrote:

>>> I'd also like to know more about what types of accidents were involved,
>>> especially for pickups. My guess would be rollovers.

>> ====================================
>> There was a campaign in the US to get get the good ol boys in pickup
>> trucks to use their seatbelts. Maybe they thought their personal liberty
>> was being encroached on by the intrusive governmant regulations, but they
>> were dying in disproportionate numbers by flying out during crashes.

> Evolution in action.

I live in bubba territory (North Carolina), and we just had two
ejection-from-truck accidents, and in both cases, the (belted) passengers
lived.

I saw a little kid, about a year old, *walking around* in a king cab. I
would have reported them, if I wasn't so busy watching that child and
fuming.

I don't get why *they* don't get it.

Natalie

Old June 30th 07, 09:02 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
jim beam

Wickeddoll® wrote:
>>> ====================================
>>> There was a campaign in the US to get get the good ol boys in pickup
>>> trucks to use their seatbelts. Maybe they thought their personal liberty
>>> was being encroached on by the intrusive governmant regulations, but they
>>> were dying in disproportionate numbers by flying out during crashes.

>> Evolution in action.
>>

> I live in bubba territory (North Carolina), and we just had two
> ejection-from-truck accidents, and in both cases, the (belted) passengers
> lived.
>
> I saw a little kid, about a year old, *walking around* in a king cab. I
> would have reported them, if I wasn't so busy watching that child and
> fuming.
>
> I don't get why *they* don't get it.
>
> Natalie

chill babe! you're witnessing something vital to the survival of the
species! if the stupid ones kill themselves [and their kids], they will
die out. that leaves more for the rest of us!
Old June 30th 07, 09:07 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Jeff[_3_]

Wickeddoll® wrote:
>>> ====================================
>>> There was a campaign in the US to get get the good ol boys in pickup
>>> trucks to use their seatbelts. Maybe they thought their personal liberty
>>> was being encroached on by the intrusive governmant regulations, but they
>>> were dying in disproportionate numbers by flying out during crashes.

>> Evolution in action.
>>

> I live in bubba territory (North Carolina), and we just had two
> ejection-from-truck accidents, and in both cases, the (belted) passengers
> lived.

In one case in NE PA, a truck was stopped waiting to turn as a car in
the other direction was approaching on a four-lane road. A vehicle
behind the stopped vehicle ran into the stopped truck, flipping the
truck. The driver of the stopped truck was not wearing a seat belt and
was thrown from the vehicle. He died.

In another case, a kid about 18 months old was in his buckled-in child
seat when a t-boned went through a read light and t-boned the van he was
riding in. His dad was fine. The kid was thrown from the van, with the
seatbelts ripping through the plastic of the seat. The ambulance people
were not able to get a tube down his throat to help him breath. That's a
bad sign. When they were bagging him on the way in, air was coming out
around his eyes. That's way bad.

The only sign of life he had was that he peed before he was pronounced
dead (a reflex action by his spinal cord, no doubt).

> I saw a little kid, about a year old, *walking around* in a king cab. I
> would have reported them, if I wasn't so busy watching that child and
> fuming.
>
> I don't get why *they* don't get it.
>
> Natalie

The odds of getting killed or injured on a single trip are small. And,
as the story about the 18 mo old shows, even when you do the right
things, a family member can still die. As the adult who was hit from
behind shows, you need to wear the seat belts all the time, even when
stopped, to reduce the odds of death the most.

Jeff
Old June 30th 07, 09:20 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Jeff[_3_]

jim beam wrote:
> Wickeddoll® wrote:
>>> Evolution in action.
>>>

>> I live in bubba territory (North Carolina), and we just had two
>> ejection-from-truck accidents, and in both cases, the (belted)
>> passengers lived.
>>
>> I saw a little kid, about a year old, *walking around* in a king cab.
>> I would have reported them, if I wasn't so busy watching that child
>> and fuming.
>>
>> I don't get why *they* don't get it.
>>
>> Natalie
>>

> chill babe! you're witnessing something vital to the survival of the
> species! if the stupid ones kill themselves [and their kids], they will
> die out. that leaves more for the rest of us!

Actually, they just need to kill their kids.

However, it often has a lot to do with education, not intelligence.

Rather, I would like to keep all the kids alive and have them well educated.

Jeff
Old June 30th 07, 09:42 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Wickeddoll®[_2_]

"Jeff" ...
> jim beam wrote:
>> Wickeddoll® wrote:
>>>>

>>> I live in bubba territory (North Carolina), and we just had two
>>> ejection-from-truck accidents, and in both cases, the (belted)
>>> passengers lived.
>>>
>>> I saw a little kid, about a year old, *walking around* in a king cab. I
>>> would have reported them, if I wasn't so busy watching that child and
>>> fuming.
>>>
>>> I don't get why *they* don't get it.
>>>
>>> Natalie
>>>

>> chill babe! you're witnessing something vital to the survival of the
>> species! if the stupid ones kill themselves [and their kids], they will
>> die out. that leaves more for the rest of us!

> Actually, they just need to kill their kids.
>
> However, it often has a lot to do with education, not intelligence.

Exactly- I know plenty of well-educated people who don't wear their
seatbelts routinely. They only wear them for the highway, which is stupid,
since most fatalities happen within 30 minutes of one's home. Dunno why
that is; my guess is that on the highway, people tend to be more alert.

> Rather, I would like to keep all the kids alive and have them well
> educated.
>
> Jeff

I get the Darwin thing, but it's not the kids' fault their parents are
idjits.

Natalie

Old June 30th 07, 09:47 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Wickeddoll®[_2_]

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> Wickeddoll® wrote:
>>> Evolution in action.
>>>

>> I live in bubba territory (North Carolina), and we just had two
>> ejection-from-truck accidents, and in both cases, the (belted) passengers
>> lived.

> In one case in NE PA, a truck was stopped waiting to turn as a car in the
> other direction was approaching on a four-lane road. A vehicle behind the
> stopped vehicle ran into the stopped truck, flipping the truck. The driver
> of the stopped truck was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the
> vehicle. He died.
>
> In another case, a kid about 18 months old was in his buckled-in child
> seat when a t-boned went through a read light and t-boned the van he was
> riding in. His dad was fine. The kid was thrown from the van, with the
> seatbelts ripping through the plastic of the seat. The ambulance people
> were not able to get a tube down his throat to help him breath. That's a
> bad sign. When they were bagging him on the way in, air was coming out
> around his eyes. That's way bad.
>
> The only sign of life he had was that he peed before he was pronounced
> dead (a reflex action by his spinal cord, no doubt).
>
>> I saw a little kid, about a year old, *walking around* in a king cab. I
>> would have reported them, if I wasn't so busy watching that child and
>> fuming.
>>
>> I don't get why *they* don't get it.
>>
>> Natalie

> The odds of getting killed or injured on a single trip are small. And, as
> the story about the 18 mo old shows, even when you do the right things, a
> family member can still die. As the adult who was hit from behind shows,
> you need to wear the seat belts all the time, even when stopped, to reduce
> the odds of death the most.
>
> Jeff

Yeah, I know there is the rare instance of restraints either failing, or
even causing the death, but those are exorbitant odds that nobody should try
to dodge.

Natalie

Old June 30th 07, 09:49 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
JoeSpareBedroom

"Wickeddoll®" > wrote in message

> "Jeff" ...
>> jim beam wrote:

>>> chill babe! you're witnessing something vital to the survival of the
>>> species! if the stupid ones kill themselves [and their kids], they will
>>> die out. that leaves more for the rest of us!

>> Actually, they just need to kill their kids.
>>
>> However, it often has a lot to do with education, not intelligence.

> Exactly- I know plenty of well-educated people who don't wear their
> seatbelts routinely.

The governor of New Jersey, for instance.

Old June 30th 07, 10:31 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Wickeddoll®[_2_]

"JoeSpareBedroom" <...
> "Wickeddoll®" ...

>>> Actually, they just need to kill their kids.
>>>
>>> However, it often has a lot to do with education, not intelligence.

>> Exactly- I know plenty of well-educated people who don't wear their
>> seatbelts routinely.

> The governor of New Jersey, for instance.

Yeah, I remember that - and he was speeding.

What a twit.

Natalie

Is anyone using a smaller steering wheel in a C3 ? dave Corvette 1 March 31st 05 04:13 PM
Smaller Wheels CobraJet Ford Mustang 17 February 17th 05 05:35 AM
4WD smaller vehicle choices Dan Birchall 4x4 2 August 11th 04 08:24 PM