Source for Del Sol Seat Fabric

Old October 8th 04, 01:38 PM
Dan Beaton

Default Source for Del Sol Seat Fabric

I have a 93 Del Sol that has the typical wear in the outside seat
bolster. I have talked to two upholstery shops about replacing
the panel, but both say that can't get the fabric. Any suggestions?

(Yes, I know I can get seat covers, but I want to keep the car
as original as possible.)

Thanks,
Dan

(This account is not used for email.)
Old October 9th 04, 01:17 AM
Perry Templeton

Hi. I am an upholsterer by trade. Yes, it is difficult to get the fabric
for foreigns sometimes, and if your Del Sol is a '93...well. If you email
me off the group, I may be able to give you some leads. I have to bird dog
fabric sometimes. I have some sources that may be able to help you out. My
recommendation is that if you can find it, buy twice as much as you need.
Another tidbit, switch the buns and covers, just on the seat bottoms, driver
to passenger. Keep the mechanics in the correct spot, just change the foam
and the cover. What once was outboard, is now inboard. Some cars, the
bolsters are asymmetrical and that won't work. But it is a good fix, if you
do have symmetry.
Perry
perrylep at bellsouth.net

Old October 9th 04, 08:40 AM
Ricky Spartacus

"Dan Beaton" > wrote in message
> I have a 93 Del Sol that has the typical wear in the outside seat
> bolster. I have talked to two upholstery shops about replacing
> the panel, but both say that can't get the fabric. Any suggestions?
> (Yes, I know I can get seat covers, but I want to keep the car
> as original as possible.)

I'm also looking for the Honda industrial grade authentic upholstery.
Particulary the brown/beige patterns.

Old October 11th 04, 02:20 PM
Mista Bone

Your outta luck. Best off finding some cheap Sol seats that need new foam.