Tire Recommendation for C5's

Old December 13th 05, 01:46 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Tire Recommendation for C5's

What non runflat would you recommend for a C5

Old December 13th 05, 02:09 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"M" > wrote in message
> What non runflat would you recommend for a C5

Continental ContiExtremeContact
Front: 245/45WR17 Price: $130.00 each

Rear: 275/40WR18
Price: $175.00 each

They will be on my C6 when the time comes, made the C5 a great driver.
Since the sidewalls are not as stiff as the runflats you need to run a
little higher air pressure.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old December 13th 05, 04:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I agree with Dad. I put the exact same set on my 2001. Far quieter ride,
better traction in wet weather or snow (I live in New Hampshire and drive
all year round), and handle very well.

Get them at TireRack.com.

Jason
2001 Pewter C5 coupe

Old December 13th 05, 06:18 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

<coughanythingunder315'sareforpussyscough>

hehehehehe ;-)

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove -SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old December 13th 05, 06:33 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
news <coughanythingunder315'sareforpussyscough>

hehehehehe ;-)

Would you know what to do with either one? Any C5 with 670X15's bias
ply would beat your C4, (was that a car or a Ford transmission)? ;-p

--
Dad

One more gun is just enough, maybe.

Old December 13th 05, 07:07 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

No Way Man!!!! LOLOL
Mine year model is equipped with the C4 "Advanced Road Compliance and
Undulation Technology"
neener neener neener.

Old December 13th 05, 07:14 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
> No Way Man!!!! LOLOL
> Mine year model is equipped with the C4 "Advanced Road Compliance
> and Undulation Technology"
> neener neener neener.
>
> Dad wrote:
>
>>"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
>>news >><coughanythingunder315'sareforpussyscough>
>>
>>hehehehehe ;-)
>>
>>Would you know what to do with either one? Any C5 with 670X15's bias
>>ply would beat your C4, (was that a car or a Ford transmission)? ;-p

Better yet if I can find them I'll take you on with my Corvette killer
Mustang, 200 CID, three speed on the floor, with 9" brakes, and 600X13
bias ply road huggers. Coker is the only place I can find them right
now and a set is about the same value as most C4s.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old December 13th 05, 08:39 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

LOL
Bite Me Ya Crusty Ole Geezer, iffin you can find your teeth!!!

:-)