rotors

Old March 1st 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
rtbn

Default rotors

I have a 2002 ford explorer eb- I am having my brakes done and they are
telling me my rotors are completed rusted. anybody else???

Old March 3rd 07, 06:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Ashton Crusher

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 16:42:48 GMT, "rtbn" <u32147@uwe> wrote:

>I have a 2002 ford explorer eb- I am having my brakes done and they are
>telling me my rotors are completed rusted. anybody else???

Assuming you have been driving the vehicle it's unlikely the surface
that is used for braking is rusted. Any rust gets rubbed off when you
brake. My guess is they are trying to screw you. Brake jobs are
often an easy source of revenue because they can sell you on FEAR of
bad brakes if you don't let them replace/repair every imaginary flaw.
Old March 11th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Steven Hilgendorf

rtbn wrote:
> I have a 2002 ford explorer eb- I am having my brakes done and they are
> telling me my rotors are completed rusted. anybody else???

If they are trying to remove the rotors to resurface them, it is
entirely possible. A proper brake job includes either resurfacing the
rotors or replacing them with new ones. It is completely common for
these things to be difficult to remove due to environmental rusting.

If you want a proper brake job either find a mechanic that has an
on-the-vehicle resurfacing machine or purchase new rotors. Personally I
would rather spend my money on a new set of rotors...

Good luck,

Steven

E46 M3 rotors sgfan3 BMW 4 August 10th 06 12:06 PM
NEW Brake Rotors on BMW...ALWAYS??? kevin.lavery BMW 18 May 3rd 06 01:16 AM
They want to turn my rotors Milleron Honda 52 December 28th 05 04:13 AM
brakes/rotors cyburgh Ford Explorer 5 November 21st 05 01:57 AM
Rotors... BradandBrooks Ford Mustang 20 October 23rd 05 11:38 PM