GTR Headlights?

Old September 16th 05, 02:52 AM
Mitch_A

Default GTR Headlights?

The headlight adjustment is all wrong. I need to see further down the track
than the 10 ft it gives us. A wider coverage would be more realistic as
well. In the replays the lights look correct but in car they dont.

Anyone hear of any adjustments for the headlights? Maybe a high beam switch
I missed?

Mitch

Old September 16th 05, 02:57 AM
Chad Rogers

There is a patch somewhere for brighter headlights. Check M4 driving.

t...

Old September 16th 05, 04:06 AM
Mitch_A

That should have been rFactor sorry for the confusion.

Mitch

Old September 16th 05, 02:40 PM

That's funny. My response to your GTR headlight problem was going to
be for you to run rFactor - as I think they (ISI) got it just about
right. Are you running with DX9? (I don't know if the DX level makes a
difference with the headlights).

-Patrick

Old September 16th 05, 04:33 PM
Mitch_A

DX9 full effects. Its not bad for low beams but I obviously need high
beams.

oups.com...

Old September 16th 05, 07:49 PM
ZZ Busch

Mitch spoke:
DX9 full effects. Its not bad for low beams but I obviously need high
beams.

Take your girlfriend out in chilly weather. ;-)

Or, don't overdrive your headlights.
I haven't driven that much at speed at night, but, (gasp) I agree it is
hard to see. Never haven driven a real race car at night, I have no idea
if it's truely that hard to see.
Maybe someone with night racing experience can clue us in.

--
Richard "ZZ" Busch

GTRank

Member:
Screamers Racing League
oAo
AoA
MARA GTR
GT Rank +34.560
NGT Rank +37.765
GT Rank Monster +1163.777
GPL Rank + 14.768
MoGPL Rank + 308.654
N2003 Rank -18.8060
----------------
Remember racecar is racecar spelled backward
-----------------

<a
href="http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=0&amp;t=1">Get
Firefox!</a>

Old September 16th 05, 08:03 PM
Tony Rickard

ZZ Busch wrote:
> Mitch spoke:
> DX9 full effects. Its not bad for low beams but I obviously need high
> beams.
>
> Take your girlfriend out in chilly weather. ;-)
>
> Or, don't overdrive your headlights.
> I haven't driven that much at speed at night, but, (gasp) I agree it is
> hard to see. Never haven driven a real race car at night, I have no idea
> if it's truely that hard to see.
> Maybe someone with night racing experience can clue us in.

Back in my younger day it was legal to rally on public roads after
midnight and before dawn (honest!). With uprated headlights and some
rather large Cibie Super Oscars you could see the whole road perfectly
for an enormous distance. The sight of a load of cars lights each a
minute apart roaring around the hilly country roads looked like an air raid!

On the basis you could see and be seen by other road users it is the
fastest way to drive safely on little used public roads. Sadly the
authorities didn't see it that way and road rallying as such was banned
in the mid eighties...

I don't know what the regulations are for race cars though in terms of
dazzling other drivers in their mirrors (they shouldn't be facing each
other after all).

Cheers
Tony
Old September 16th 05, 11:10 PM
Mitch_A

That'll work

Most corners arent too bad but as an example Ill use the last right hander
before the front stretch at Toban. Youre literally guessing when to turn
in. No kind of visual cue at all when Im all the way to the left of the
track readying for the right hander. Maybe if the illumination was wider I
could see something but I still think its too short both directions.

http://ras-factor.servebeer.com/ras-factor

Mitch

news