OT for pretty much every group so read at your own risk

Old November 12th 13, 03:49 AM posted to alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks, rec.autos.sport.f1, rec.autos.driving
Alan Baker

Default OT for pretty much every group so read at your own risk

So no whining if you've come this far and don't want to read about:

My latest racing video!

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e4aL8TG1x8>

I finally got around to editing my raw video of my race on Sep 15 down
to something a little more watchable (speeding up through the duller
laps, etc). It's great fun, but it would have been more fun without the
incident that happens early on.

Watch, don't watch. Whatever makes you happy.

:-)

Old November 12th 13, 10:25 AM posted to alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.driving
Baz

"Alan Baker" > wrote in message
> So no whining if you've come this far and don't want to read about:
>
> My latest racing video!
>
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e4aL8TG1x8>
>
> I finally got around to editing my raw video of my race on Sep 15 down to
> something a little more watchable (speeding up through the duller laps,
> etc). It's great fun, but it would have been more fun without the incident
> that happens early on.
>
> Watch, don't watch. Whatever makes you happy.
>
> :-)

Lucky Monkey.

Old November 12th 13, 03:15 PM posted to rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.driving
pltrgyst[_3_]

On 11/11/13 10:49 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> So no whining if you've come this far and don't want to read about:
>
> My latest racing video!

Nice run! Heck of an improvement over your first outings. What track was
this?

Despite the bump, sometimes it's fun -- and educational, as you alluded
-- to work your way through a field as though you were one of the
overall leaders.

A bit of variation in your apexing of turn 1 -- were you experimenting
with your braking/turn-in points, or your line through there?

Makes me all nostalgic for my Elden... 8

-- Larry

Old November 12th 13, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.driving
Alan Baker

On 2013-11-12 15:15:46 +0000, pltrgyst said:

> On 11/11/13 10:49 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
>> So no whining if you've come this far and don't want to read about:
>>
>> My latest racing video!

> Nice run! Heck of an improvement over your first outings. What track was this?

Officially, it's called River's Edge Road Course at Mission Raceway,
but we all just call it Mission. It's built at a facility that used to
be just a drag race course.

> Despite the bump, sometimes it's fun -- and educational, as you alluded
> -- to work your way through a field as though you were one of the
> overall leaders.

Yup! You've just got to make the most of it.

> A bit of variation in your apexing of turn 1 -- were you experimenting
> with your braking/turn-in points, or your line through there?

More like I'm just not getting it right every time and I'm not even
really sure where "right" is. It's a very wide track up to the corner
and much narrower after, so it doesn't have nice obvious sight lines.

Old November 14th 13, 06:57 PM posted to alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks, rec.autos.sport.f1, rec.autos.driving
Bigbird

Alan Baker wrote:

> So no whining if you've come this far and don't want to read about:
>
> My latest racing video!
>
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e4aL8TG1x8>
>
> I finally got around to editing my raw video of my race on Sep 15
> down to something a little more watchable (speeding up through the
> duller laps, etc). It's great fun, but it would have been more fun
> without the incident that happens early on.
>
> Watch, don't watch. Whatever makes you happy.
>
> :-)

****ing idiot STILL doesn't understand why it is so ****ing rude to
cross-post.

Must be the thickest **** on usenet.
Old November 14th 13, 06:57 PM posted to alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks, rec.autos.driving
Bigbird

**** off you spamming ****
Old November 14th 13, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks
Alan Baker

On 2013-11-14 18:57:57 +0000, Bigbird said:

> Alan Baker wrote:
>
>> So no whining if you've come this far and don't want to read about:
>>

> **** off you spamming ****

Go on out to Vancouver and make me...

:-x

Old November 14th 13, 07:50 PM posted to alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.driving
John White

In article >,
"Bigbird" > wrote:

> Alan Baker wrote:
>
> > So no whining if you've come this far and don't want to read about:
> >
> > My latest racing video!
> >
> > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e4aL8TG1x8>
> >
> > I finally got around to editing my raw video of my race on Sep 15
> > down to something a little more watchable (speeding up through the
> > duller laps, etc). It's great fun, but it would have been more fun
> > without the incident that happens early on.
> >
> > Watch, don't watch. Whatever makes you happy.
> >
> > :-)

> ****ing idiot STILL doesn't understand why it is so ****ing rude to
> cross-post.
>
> Must be the thickest **** on usenet.

Not nearly as thick as someone who crossposts his complaints about
crossposting!
Old November 14th 13, 08:32 PM posted to alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.driving
Bigbird

If you really think that you are as thick a ****ing idiot as the op.
Old November 14th 13, 10:26 PM posted to alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.driving
John White

In article >,
"Bigbird" > wrote:

> John White wrote:
>
> > In article >,

> > > ****ing idiot STILL doesn't understand why it is so ****ing rude to
> > > cross-post.
> > >
> > > Must be the thickest **** on usenet.

> > Not nearly as thick as someone who crossposts his complaints about
> > crossposting!

> If you really think that you are as thick a ****ing idiot as the op.

Quite possibly true, but still I am far outdistanced in thickness by you
- you're the master!