Revised Chrysler 300 V6 joins Hyundai Genesis atop Consumer Reportslarge sedan ratings

Old September 11th 12, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Default Revised Chrysler 300 V6 joins Hyundai Genesis atop Consumer Reportslarge sedan ratings

MummyChunk wrote:

> PRESS RELEASE FROM CONSUMER REPORTS:
>
> CHRYSLER 300 CONTINUES COMBACK: V6 VERSION NEAR TOP OF CLASS IN
> CONSUMER REPORTS' LARGE SEDAN RATINGS

> YONKERS, NY- The Chrysler 300 V6 earned an 83 test score in
> Consumer Reports ratings, which puts it near the top of its
> class, below the Hyundai Genesis.

You know, I read the rest of this report (at least what was posted here)
and it's too bad it didn't say anything about any comparisons made
between the 300 and the Genesis.

It would have been interesting to know why they put the Genesis on top.
Strange that they talk about the Lacross, Azera and Taurus, but don't
say a word about the Genesis (or if they did, "MummyChunk" didn't quote
it).

Myself and a co-worker rented a Genesis last May from Avis and drove it
from SW-Ontario through Port Huron to Grand Rapids (and back - the same
day). We were impressed with the car.

And I still never see any TV commercials for the 300. Only the 200.
???

Chrysler used to run TV commercials for the previous version of that
rolling abortion (the 300C) but I haven't yet seen a single TV
commercial for the new re-design that I think came out last year.
Old September 11th 12, 04:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

must be your locale........I see 300 ads down here all the time
http://youtu.be/sMey6AL_SRE

Old September 11th 12, 04:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

http://youtu.be/IKtJEWq-kPA

Old September 17th 12, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
sctvguy1[_3_]

MoPar Man wrote:

> MummyChunk wrote:
>
>> PRESS RELEASE FROM CONSUMER REPORTS:
>>
>> CHRYSLER 300 CONTINUES COMBACK: V6 VERSION NEAR TOP OF CLASS IN
>> CONSUMER REPORTS' LARGE SEDAN RATINGS

>> YONKERS, NY- The Chrysler 300 V6 earned an 83 test score in
>> Consumer Reports ratings, which puts it near the top of its
>> class, below the Hyundai Genesis.

> You know, I read the rest of this report (at least what was posted here)
> and it's too bad it didn't say anything about any comparisons made
> between the 300 and the Genesis.
>
> It would have been interesting to know why they put the Genesis on top.
> Strange that they talk about the Lacross, Azera and Taurus, but don't
> say a word about the Genesis (or if they did, "MummyChunk" didn't quote
> it).
>
> Myself and a co-worker rented a Genesis last May from Avis and drove it
> from SW-Ontario through Port Huron to Grand Rapids (and back - the same
> day). We were impressed with the car.
>
> And I still never see any TV commercials for the 300. Only the 200.
> ???
>
> Chrysler used to run TV commercials for the previous version of that
> rolling abortion (the 300C) but I haven't yet seen a single TV
> commercial for the new re-design that I think came out last year.

22 MPG is bull! We just took a 4000 mile trip in our 2012 Charger/V6/8speed
transmission, and got as high as 37.5, usually running around 32-34 at a
steady 70 with cruise control. Consumer Reports has always been anti-
Chrysler products and pro-Jap/Korean.
Old September 18th 12, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

what was your AVERAGE with city mileage included into it?

Old September 18th 12, 09:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
sctvguy1[_3_]

Rob wrote:

> what was your AVERAGE with city mileage included into it?
>

> "sctvguy1" > wrote in message
>> MoPar Man wrote:

>>> You know, I read the rest of this report (at least what was posted here)
>>> and it's too bad it didn't say anything about any comparisons made
>>> between the 300 and the Genesis.
>>>
>>> It would have been interesting to know why they put the Genesis on top.
>>> Strange that they talk about the Lacross, Azera and Taurus, but don't
>>> say a word about the Genesis (or if they did, "MummyChunk" didn't quote
>>> it).
>>>
>>> Myself and a co-worker rented a Genesis last May from Avis and drove it
>>> from SW-Ontario through Port Huron to Grand Rapids (and back - the same
>>> day). We were impressed with the car.
>>>
>>> And I still never see any TV commercials for the 300. Only the 200.
>>> ???
>>>
>>> Chrysler used to run TV commercials for the previous version of that
>>> rolling abortion (the 300C) but I haven't yet seen a single TV
>>> commercial for the new re-design that I think came out last year.

>> 22 MPG is bull! We just took a 4000 mile trip in our 2012
>> Charger/V6/8speed
>> transmission, and got as high as 37.5, usually running around 32-34 at a
>> steady 70 with cruise control. Consumer Reports has always been anti-
>> Chrysler products and pro-Jap/Korean.

We never got below about 27, using non-ethanol gas.
Old September 18th 12, 10:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

that's good