different clusters on 91 cars

Old January 9th 12, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
u c coskun

Default different clusters on 91 cars

Hello,

I was looking at ebay auctions and come across two different clusters
for the same car.

this is one of them:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-94-LEBARO... t_1998wt_1185

and

this is the other one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-94-95-ACC...8#ht_909wt_952

do you think these two clusters are just interchangeable with light
wiring. what kind of modification should i use to use one instead of
the other one.

TIA
Old January 13th 12, 12:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Daniel who wants to know

"u c coskun" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I was looking at ebay auctions and come across two different clusters
> for the same car.
>
> this is one of them:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-94-LEBARO... t_1998wt_1185
>
> and
>
> this is the other one.
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-94-95-ACC...8#ht_909wt_952
>
> do you think these two clusters are just interchangeable with light
> wiring. what kind of modification should i use to use one instead of
> the other one.
>
> TIA

Lots of vehicles got multiple different clusters, For Chrysler cars with the
shift indicator in the cluster there were 2 versions just for the 3.0 V6,
one for the 3 speed that said PRND21 and one for the A604 4 speed that said
PRND3L.

Different clusters with a tach for different engine redlines.

Different included gauges,

Analog and digital versions.

For example think of the different ones for the 2nd gen Caravans like mine,
there is a cluster, probably 2, w/o tach, a few with tach, and a digital
version that the Town and Country got. There are also surely different
versions for cable driven speedometer vs. electric.

As for cluster swaps it might be a simple R&R job that plugs right in, and
it might require extensive modifications. Of note is that around 92 was the
year that Chrysler switched from cable to electric speedos.

Old January 30th 12, 05:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
u c coskun

On Jan 12, 6:24*pm, "Daniel who wants to know" > wrote:
> "u c coskun" > wrote in ...
>

> > Hello,

> > I was looking at ebay auctions and come across two different clusters
> > for the same car.

> > this is one of them:
> >http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-94-LEBARO...NSTRUMENT-CLUS...

> > and

> > this is the other one.

> >http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-94-95-ACC...T-SPEEDOMETER-...

> > do you think these two clusters are just interchangeable with light
> > wiring. what kind of modification should i use to use one instead of
> > the other one.

> > TIA

> Lots of vehicles got multiple different clusters, For Chrysler cars with the
> shift indicator in the cluster there were 2 versions just for the 3.0 V6,
> one for the 3 speed that said PRND21 and one for the A604 4 speed that said
> PRND3L.
>
> Different clusters with a tach for different engine redlines.
>
> Different included gauges,
>
> Analog and digital versions.
>
> For example think of the different ones for the 2nd gen Caravans like mine,
> there is a cluster, probably 2, w/o tach, a few with tach, and a digital
> version that the Town and Country got. *There are also surely different
> versions for cable driven speedometer vs. electric.
>
> As for cluster swaps it might be a simple R&R job that plugs right in, and
> it might require extensive modifications. *Of note is that around 92 was the
> year that Chrysler switched from cable to electric speedos.- Hide quoted text -

Thank ou for the input. In the summer, I will hunt a cluster with
tach. I want to see if it works for me. have a good day.