Laser Detection

Old January 23rd 11, 10:17 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Spud

Default Laser Detection

So Friday I drove the '08 Z06 Vette to Napa to meet up with the wife who’s
there on work. I had just purchased a new Garmin 1490 gps and a Whistler
radar/laser detector at Costco.
I was in a hurry, so I brought the new gps, but left the new radar detector
at home, as my old trusty old detector was already mounted in the car.

So last night, we’re coming home, some Prius has the fast lane blocked up so
I shift over to the slow lane and give it some gas and then I see the
reflection of the Highway Patrol door decals in the ditch. Jamb the
brakes. No radar detection. He must be busy with his laptop or
something........

A couple of minutes later, he’s on my back bumper. Pulls me over. Looks
around the car and asks me if my radar detector picked him up. Told him it
wasn’t on, just running gps. He says he shot my front bumper 3 times with
LASER! 77, 79, 71. I didn’t know CA had laser.

He comes back after a few minutes of checking me out and mentions that he
has a 2006 C6 Corvette but it’s not as fast as mine and that he was
surprised that I wasn’t going much faster. He then gives me a warning!
Asks if I’d been drinking, which I hadn’t. We’d stopped in Napa at a
vineyard to buy a bottle of wine, and I skipped the wine tasting. Thank
God!

Moral of the story: Use the new radar detector that has Laser warning too
and Wave at all Corvettes. A lucky break.

Old February 18th 11, 01:17 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jon[_6_]

On 1/23/2011 3:17 PM, Spud wrote:
> So Friday I drove the '08 Z06 Vette to Napa to meet up with the wife
> who’s there on work. I had just purchased a new Garmin 1490 gps and a
> Whistler radar/laser detector at Costco.
> I was in a hurry, so I brought the new gps, but left the new radar
> detector at home, as my old trusty old detector was already mounted in
> the car.
>
> So last night, we’re coming home, some Prius has the fast lane blocked
> up so I shift over to the slow lane and give it some gas and then I see
> the reflection of the Highway Patrol door decals in the ditch. Jamb the
> brakes. No radar detection. He must be busy with his laptop or
> something........
>
> A couple of minutes later, he’s on my back bumper. Pulls me over.
> Looks around the car and asks me if my radar detector picked him up.
> Told him it wasn’t on, just running gps. He says he shot my front
> bumper 3 times with LASER! 77, 79, 71. I didn’t know CA had laser.
>
> He comes back after a few minutes of checking me out and mentions that
> he has a 2006 C6 Corvette but it’s not as fast as mine and that he was
> surprised that I wasn’t going much faster. He then gives me a warning!
> Asks if I’d been drinking, which I hadn’t. We’d stopped in Napa at
> a vineyard to buy a bottle of wine, and I skipped the wine tasting.
> Thank God!
>
> Moral of the story: Use the new radar detector that has Laser warning
> too and Wave at all Corvettes. A lucky break.

You need a laser jammer. When the detector sounds they have already got
you.
Old February 19th 11, 12:28 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
NomenNeisco

On 1/23/2011 1:17 PM, Spud wrote:
> So Friday I drove the '08 Z06 Vette to Napa to meet up with the wife
> who’s there on work. I had just purchased a new Garmin 1490 gps and a
> Whistler radar/laser detector at Costco.
> I was in a hurry, so I brought the new gps, but left the new radar
> detector at home, as my old trusty old detector was already mounted in
> the car.
>
> So last night, we’re coming home, some Prius has the fast lane blocked
> up so I shift over to the slow lane and give it some gas and then I see
> the reflection of the Highway Patrol door decals in the ditch. Jamb the
> brakes. No radar detection. He must be busy with his laptop or
> something........
>
> A couple of minutes later, he’s on my back bumper. Pulls me over. Looks
> around the car and asks me if my radar detector picked him up. Told him
> it wasn’t on, just running gps. He says he shot my front bumper 3 times
> with LASER! 77, 79, 71. I didn’t know CA had laser.
>
> He comes back after a few minutes of checking me out and mentions that
> he has a 2006 C6 Corvette but it’s not as fast as mine and that he was
> surprised that I wasn’t going much faster. He then gives me a warning!
> Asks if I’d been drinking, which I hadn’t. We’d stopped in Napa at a
> vineyard to buy a bottle of wine, and I skipped the wine tasting. Thank
> God!
>
> Moral of the story: Use the new radar detector that has Laser warning
> too and Wave at all Corvettes. A lucky break.

Sad to say it, but 9 times out of 10, a PO using laser whose been
properly trained to operate it will be writing your ticket by the time
your laser detector goes off and you hit the brakes. Laser is almost
impossible to defeat.

CHP has been using laser since 2006.

No Radar Detection George W. Barrowcliff BMW 2 August 26th 08 04:16 PM
VG2 detection disadvantages ? Harshana Driving 0 June 9th 06 06:12 AM
Blind Spot Detection [email protected] Driving 27 January 18th 06 07:53 PM
laser detection system lkalove Driving 2 January 4th 06 12:34 AM
Where is the Leak Detection Pump? Yoboslayer Dodge 2 July 20th 04 05:20 PM