Game Over: Idiot hit by car trying to play real life game of Frogger

Old December 30th 10, 05:12 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_7_]

Default Game Over: Idiot hit by car trying to play real life game of Frogger

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/2cxfdjz

Why do I get the impression that the words uttered before, "GO!" went
along the lines of, "Dude hold my beer and check this out," or
similar?
--
"You're doing a hell of a job, Brownie."
-- Gov. George W. Bush
Old December 30th 10, 05:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2010-12-30, necromancer <Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org> wrote:
> Ref: http://tinyurl.com/2cxfdjz
>
> Why do I get the impression that the words uttered before, "GO!" went
> along the lines of, "Dude hold my beer and check this out," or
> similar?

How does a 23yr old want to act out Frogger in the first place? The game
was out before he was born.

Old December 30th 10, 05:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_7_]

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 04:22:00 +0000 (UTC), Brent
> wrote:

>On 2010-12-30, necromancer <Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org> wrote:
>> Ref: http://tinyurl.com/2cxfdjz
>>
>> Why do I get the impression that the words uttered before, "GO!" went
>> along the lines of, "Dude hold my beer and check this out," or
>> similar?

>How does a 23yr old want to act out Frogger in the first place? The game
>was out before he was born.

There's still examples of the game floating around, so it wouldn't be
out of the realm of possibility that he played the game as a 10 to 15
YO (appx mid to late '90's).

--
"This item demonstrates how stupid the average American is. Every
ninety minutes someone in this country is hit by a train. A train,
Old December 30th 10, 05:53 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2010-12-30, necromancer <Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 04:22:00 +0000 (UTC), Brent
> wrote:
>
>>On 2010-12-30, necromancer <Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_spam _no_way.org> wrote:
>>> Ref: http://tinyurl.com/2cxfdjz
>>>
>>> Why do I get the impression that the words uttered before, "GO!" went
>>> along the lines of, "Dude hold my beer and check this out," or
>>> similar?

>>How does a 23yr old want to act out Frogger in the first place? The game
>>was out before he was born.

> There's still examples of the game floating around, so it wouldn't be
> out of the realm of possibility that he played the game as a 10 to 15
> YO (appx mid to late '90's).

I know where there is a still operating frogger arcade version right
now, but being so over the top to play it out for real just doesn't seem
believable. It's been an old out of date game that hasn't been cool for
nearly 30 years.

Old December 30th 10, 06:24 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 12/29/2010 11:53 PM, Brent wrote:
> On 2010-12-30, necromancer<Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecroman cer_no_spam_no_way.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 04:22:00 +0000 (UTC), Brent
>> > wrote:

>>> How does a 23yr old want to act out Frogger in the first place? The game
>>> was out before he was born.

>> There's still examples of the game floating around, so it wouldn't be
>> out of the realm of possibility that he played the game as a 10 to 15
>> YO (appx mid to late '90's).

> I know where there is a still operating frogger arcade version right
> now, but being so over the top to play it out for real just doesn't seem
> believable. It's been an old out of date game that hasn't been cool for
> nearly 30 years.

Friend of a friend has a joystick that looks, feels, etc. exactly like
the old Atari joysticks, but has all the old Atari games built right
into it. just plug it into your TV. Maybe he had one of those?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old December 30th 10, 09:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2010-12-30, Nate Nagel > wrote:
> On 12/29/2010 11:53 PM, Brent wrote:
>> On 2010-12-30, necromancer<Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecroman cer_no_spam_no_way.org> wrote:
>>> On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 04:22:00 +0000 (UTC), Brent

>>> There's still examples of the game floating around, so it wouldn't be
>>> out of the realm of possibility that he played the game as a 10 to 15
>>> YO (appx mid to late '90's).

>> I know where there is a still operating frogger arcade version right
>> now, but being so over the top to play it out for real just doesn't seem
>> believable. It's been an old out of date game that hasn't been cool for
>> nearly 30 years.
>>

> Friend of a friend has a joystick that looks, feels, etc. exactly like
> the old Atari joysticks, but has all the old Atari games built right
> into it. just plug it into your TV. Maybe he had one of those?

I doubt anyone who wasn't alive and playing video games in the first
half of the 1980s has such things...

myself I have 9pin joystick to USB convertor so I can use atari
joysticks on PC with an atari 8bit computer emulator. Now someone makes
a USB version of the atari joystick.

Old January 1st 11, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nick Naim

wrote in message ...
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 04:22:00 +0000 (UTC), Brent
> > wrote:
>
>>On 2010-12-30, necromancer
>><Zidane's_Last_Red_Card@worldofnecromancer_no_sp am_no_way.org> wrote:
>>> Ref: http://tinyurl.com/2cxfdjz
>>>
>>> Why do I get the impression that the words uttered before, "GO!" went
>>> along the lines of, "Dude hold my beer and check this out," or
>>> similar?

>>How does a 23yr old want to act out Frogger in the first place? The game
>>was out before he was born.

at 23 the male is still being born.

> There's still examples of the game floating around, so it wouldn't be
> out of the realm of possibility that he played the game as a 10 to 15
> YO (appx mid to late '90's).
>
> --
> "This item demonstrates how stupid the average American is. Every
> ninety minutes someone in this country is hit by a train. A train,
> okay? Trains are on tracks; they can't come and get you. They
> can't surprise you when you step off a curb. You have to go to them.
> Got that?"
> --George Carlin

Exciting Game to play and achieve the Audi A3 robin Audi 1 August 3rd 05 12:00 AM
Best game ever crimson blade Ford Mustang 0 May 28th 05 06:00 AM
Best game ever crimson blade Chrysler 0 May 28th 05 05:59 AM
Best game ever crimson blade Honda 0 May 28th 05 05:58 AM
1st Enviro Teaming up with Green Prix... Developing Formula F3 Game and Need Drivers for 100 Real Events... Don Wilshe Simulators 3 January 8th 05 05:18 PM