Back window install

Old December 19th 10, 05:14 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Stephen Sadler

Default Back window install

Hey guys and gals,

I have a 1976 corvette with T-tops I'm restoring. How is the back window
held in? Is it just held in by the seal and the plastic rear window
molding? Am I missing something??

Cornfused

Old December 20th 10, 01:18 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

"Stephen Sadler" > wrote in message news:4d0e2f52

> I have a 1976 corvette with T-tops...........

Be thankful for those T-tops.
The last convertables were made in 1975, so without those T-tops, your '76 would have nothing up there to keep the rain out.

But seriously... I'm not positive of the answer. I *think* just the seal (with adhesive) and the molding.

-W

Old December 21st 10, 07:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Stephen Sadler" > wrote in message
> Hey guys and gals,
>
> I have a 1976 corvette with T-tops I'm restoring. How is the back
> window held in? Is it just held in by the seal and the plastic rear
> window molding? Am I missing something??

Nope, you're pretty much on track. Be aware that the rope seal comes
in different diameters and you should have better luck with the proper
diameter. It's held in pretty much just like the windshields of that
era so if done properly it will seal and look original.

Care is needed when you put it in location as it will be very
difficult to move to correct any mis-location, like, nearly
impossible.

Good luck