Advice on replacing 94-97 Accord muffler? Dealing with rubber hangers?

Old September 23rd 10, 05:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Boomer[_2_]

Default Advice on replacing 94-97 Accord muffler? Dealing with rubber hangers?

> Whereas our roads are bathed in salt constantly from November to May.
>
> The salt corrodes the hell out of anything metallic, but does make the
> roads /considerably/ safer than they would be otherwise.
>

> --
> Tegger

I am not sure that this is always true Tegger. I lived for several years in
North Dakota. They had very cold winters. The state highways were not
salted, at least where I lived next to the Canadian border. I would drive
South to Minot and have good traction with my CRV. As soon as I came into
Minot, the roads were salted and were suddenly slippery.

I was always happy to get out of Minot and onto hard frozen roads where I
had traction. This may be simply a characteristic of the cold winters in ND.
Driving on icy roads when it is -20 means much better traction than when it
is +20.

Michael