2008 Accord in snow and TPMS

Old December 20th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

Default 2008 Accord in snow and TPMS

Hello,

I was able to get some good testing for the 2008 Honda Accord EX-L Auto in
snowy and icy conditions. First of all in ice, like all cars and SUV's its
bad.

In snowy conditions with 1" of snow on an untreated road, there was good
traction, and no pulling to the side if going up hill under acceleration.

Deep snow of 6" or more is another story. We had that Nor'easter here in the
north east where we got 12" in 6 hours. I can say that although the car was
probably somewhat better than the previous Accords in terms of not pulling
to the side thanks to the traction control, it was still bad in terms of not
being able to move forward the way it should. Then again I only have front
wheel drive and not 4 wheel, but it was better than the 2005 and 1999
Accords that I had in the past, marginally anyway.

During the past week I had a chance to have the VSA, TC, ABS and probably
once the Brake Assist activate. All of the systems work the way they should
from what I have seen. All other systems seem to work in dangerous snow and
cold temps also.

One other comment I want to make is that at when driving the car one morning
with an outside temp of 11F the TPMS system malfunctioned even though the
tires were all full it said one was not. Driving it on the highway for 20
min at speeds of 70 mph didn't remedy the problem so I thought it was a bad
sensor, but the problem corrected itself later that night when the temp
outside rose to 29F.

Al

Old December 22nd 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfred[_3_]

> Good post...thanks, Al. Interesting about the TPMS....definately....from
> 11F? Wow...thats weird.

Yes that was kind of weird, but thats the lowest temp we saw here this
winter and it hasn't happened since that temp reading on my temperature
reading that morning.

> And not for nothing, but evena Mercedes will have trouble in 6-12" of snow

Well thats good to know anyway I have a friend who's always trying to
sell me on the idea of a Jeep Wrangler, because he has one. I know his is
great in the snow, because he's got a lift kit, high traction tires and 4wd,
but the comfort isnt good I am sure. I like the Accord for all purpose
driving.

Al

Old December 27th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dana[_2_]

"alfred" > wrote in message

>> Good post...thanks, Al. Interesting about the TPMS....definately....from
>> 11F? Wow...thats weird.

> Yes that was kind of weird, but thats the lowest temp we saw here this
> winter and it hasn't happened since that temp reading on my temperature
> reading that morning.
>

>> And not for nothing, but evena Mercedes will have trouble in 6-12" of
>> snow

> Well thats good to know anyway I have a friend who's always trying to
> sell me on the idea of a Jeep Wrangler, because he has one. I know his is
> great in the snow, because he's got a lift kit, high traction tires and
> 4wd, but the comfort isnt good I am sure. I like the Accord for all
> purpose driving.
>
> Al

6 inches of snow I may go out , even that is kind of pushing it . 12 inches
forget about it . I'm not going anywhere untill I see a plow . If I had a
Hummer maybe , but they don't stop any better then anything else .

-Dana (07 Accord SE )

Old January 31st 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Dec 20 2007, 4:52 pm, "alfred" > wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was able to get some good testing for the 2008 Honda Accord EX-L Auto in
> snowy and icy conditions. First of all in ice, like all cars and SUV's its
> bad.
>
> In snowy conditions with 1" of snow on an untreated road, there was good
> traction, and no pulling to the side if going up hill under acceleration.
>
> Deep snow of 6" or more is another story. We had that Nor'easter here in the
> north east where we got 12" in 6 hours. I can say that although the car was
> probably somewhat better than the previous Accords in terms of not pulling
> to the side thanks to the traction control, it was still bad in terms of not
> being able to move forward the way it should. Then again I only have front
> wheel drive and not 4 wheel, but it was better than the 2005 and 1999
> Accords that I had in the past, marginally anyway.
>
> During the past week I had a chance to have the VSA, TC, ABS and probably
> once the Brake Assist activate. All of the systems work the way they should
> from what I have seen. All other systems seem to work in dangerous snow and
> cold temps also.
>
> One other comment I want to make is that at when driving the car one morning
> with an outside temp of 11F the TPMS system malfunctioned even though the
> tires were all full it said one was not. Driving it on the highway for 20
> min at speeds of 70 mph didn't remedy the problem so I thought it was a bad
> sensor, but the problem corrected itself later that night when the temp
> outside rose to 29F.
>
> Al

I was driving today my new 2008 Accord Coupe with -1F and the TPMS
light came on (not the low tire pressure indicator), and the user
manual says this is a malfunction in the TPMS system, it does not mean
a tire has low pressure, I was planning to bring the car to the
dealer, what do you think ?, thanks

2008 Accord alfred[_3_] Honda 53 December 10th 07 03:41 PM
Location of TPMS Antenna utahbuck Corvette 1 December 16th 06 12:27 AM
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) CIL Honda 15 April 11th 06 12:38 AM
Is TPMS availalble in A3's anywhere? Doug Warner Audi 1 February 23rd 06 09:09 AM
TPMS tire inflation sensor triggering and diagnostics tool cszasz Technology 1 January 31st 06 02:39 AM