The Marriage and Divorce of DC

Old July 6th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
NJ Vike[_1_]

Default The Marriage and Divorce of DC

Latest Car and Driver has a good article on it in this month's issue. Anyone
hear read it? If so, do you agree with the author?

Ken

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

Old July 18th 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
RapidRonnie

On Jul 5, 6:04 pm, "NJ Vike" > wrote:
> Latest Car and Driver has a good article on it in this month's issue. Anyone
> hear read it? If so, do you agree with the author?

Haven't seen it, but the marriage failed because of Mercedes, and at
this point it's the best thing.

Old July 21st 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe[_3_]

"RapidRonnie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Jul 5, 6:04 pm, "NJ Vike" > wrote:
>> Latest Car and Driver has a good article on it in this month's issue.
>> Anyone
>> hear read it? If so, do you agree with the author?

I certainly agreed, and when I look at what I drove for the last 10 years, I
apparently voted with my pocketbook. I've had 3 first-gen LH cars, and I
don't see where anything on the market today is really an improvement in the
combination of economy and performance. That's saying something.

I had not thought much about the product cycles that were "killed" and the
future that never was as a result of the takeover. Those opportunities are
lost. Whatever those products should have been, it's too late to go back
now.

I will say this - the timing is not all that bad for Chrysler. They have
some new products out that aren't Mercedes underneath, and their Mercedes
products (like the 300) are pretty much due for replacement pretty soon.

Old July 22nd 07, 06:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
who

In article >, "Joe" >
wrote:

> I will say this - the timing is not all that bad for Chrysler. They have
> some new products out that aren't Mercedes underneath,

I still don't see one I'd buy.

>and their Mercedes
> products (like the 300) are pretty much due for replacement pretty soon.

Let it be gone!
Old July 23rd 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe[_3_]

"who" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Joe" >
> wrote:
>
>> I will say this - the timing is not all that bad for Chrysler. They have
>> some new products out that aren't Mercedes underneath,

> I still don't see one I'd buy.

Well, me neither. I'm not in the market for something like a Dodge Avenger.
But you have to admit, it's certainly not a Mercedes.

I have read that they have done quite well selling the new Chrysler Sebring.
They decided to make the smallest engine available on the highest trim
level, and that has really been selling the cars to people interested in gas
mileage. Most of the car mags have really panned it for not being as nice
as a Honda, but they would probably do that no matter what. I don't want
one, but I can certainly see my wife driving one.